Thread: Anxiety over prescription being withdrawn

Anxiety over prescription being withdrawn

Hello

I have been on 4mg a day for about 6 weeks and been ordering my prescription online at the doctors website. They usually issue the prescription within 48 hours.

I have gone into sheer panic today because I put in a request for repeat on Saturday and it still hasn't been approved.

I am terrified the doctors are going to deny it - I have phoned the surgery today and they told me it's still with the doctor for signing off. She is going to try chase it up today.

I am panicing now - this is my only vice at the moment - i have a few spare saved up incase this was gonna happen but can they really just do this without atleast seeing me first?

Re: Anxiety over prescription being withdrawn

I am sure that they won't just deny you the Diazepam. After 6 weeks of use you should still be on a gradual taper program, it's not a good thing to go cold turkey and your doctor should know this.

Perhaps it might be worth you booking to see your GP if you are concerned. Diazepam is only meant to be a 'short term' treatment due to addiction and tolerance.

Good luck, I hope you get your meds! Kitti

Re: Anxiety over prescription being withdrawn

Nobody has told me that I will be gradually taken off me - the doctor didn't even mention them when I saw him last week. I think they're glad the meds are atleast stopping me book appointments everyweek. Funny that my psychiatrist wrote to the GP and said that if the pain in my neck could be addressed then my anxiety would diminish. But they won't do anything further for my neck. I suffer health anxiety and think I have advanced cancer.

Thread Information