Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An invention to sell pills?

An invention to sell pills?

Hi everyone,

Just been told that GAD doesnt exist its just an invention by the Pharmaceutical companies to sell new drugs. What are your thoughts on this?

well, as someone who freaks out to tears frequently and who screws up all of her important friendships by being terrified of people being mad at her, I'm inclined to thin it's real. The behaviour I have is real, uncontrolable, and destructive. Who told you this? My guess is someone whose only emotional problem consist of a lack of empathy.

Ouch!!

I hope it wasn't a doctor that told you that. I would have thought that there has been sufficient research into anxiety disorders for that to be untrue - sounds like this person may be a bit of a sceptic. People do say odd things when they don't understand something.

My husband once told me that he thought all psychiatrists (and the like) studied that particular science because they were all kooks!! Can you imagine my response!! But that comment is borne out of ignorance and he didn't really mean it. Whatever anyone says, mental illness of any kind still carries a stigma and it frightens people because they don't know what they are dealing with.

Take care

Janie xxx

Janie, my best friend is the craziest kid I knew growing up... I mean batsh*t crazy. She grew up to be a psychologist and she says that she got nto it because she was trying to figure out what was wrong with her! She's joking, but I think there is some truth to that one... if only because a good therapist has to be able to empathize.

Bearcrazy

I think this comment is crap!! After suffering for all these years I am living proof, as we all are. What an unhelpful thing to say. obvioulsy lack of understanding and insight.

Michelle.

I can't see why cos loads get them free so they don't make any money!

Where did you hear this?

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

i joined a forum called benzoisland, they see anti depressants and drugs like temazepam etc as evil. they think that drug companies label illnesses as a gimmick to sell their products. i'm not in it for the politics, just want help.

i joined a forum called benzoisland, they see anti depressants and drugs like temazepam etc as evil. they think that drug companies label illnesses as a gimmick to sell their products. i'm not in it for the politics, just want help.

Just be careful, bear, okay? Because often people who make medical decrees like that without having medical training can do more harm than good. I do think that we are becoming "overmedicated," but you have to judge fore yourself with the help of your doctor(s) whether your condition necessitates medication. I fought against medication for ages until I realized that I was sabbotaging my relationships with my anxiety. I would get so frightened that I would be "clingy" and need constant reassurance and my friends would feel like I didn't trust them because I was always asking if they were made at me. Zoloft, an occasional ativan & yoga have helped immeasurably.

thanx for that, i get so scared sometimes that i'm taking too many meds, but i cant fight everything at once. I have to trust the medics who look after me, and follow my own instincts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information