Thread: Dentist phobia

Dentist phobia

Hi right, I've had problems with my teeth ever since my first set came through, they came through with no enamel and they thought my 2nd set would come through normal but they didn't I had a lot of work done with my first set wich automatically leaves me with very upsetting experiences, I'm now 18 and for all these years I've been barreling with my teeth having to go to the dentist all the time & everytime I go I have to have work done, because there's no enamel my teeth just break, I'm petrified though, and tomorrow I'm going back agen! For more fillings, its heartbreaking for me I look at everyone else's teeth and just think why me? Its reall unfair, main reason I wanted to write about this is to see if anyone can help me with my fear? I don't sleep the night before I have to go, when I get there I be sick sometimes, pass out, can't control my breathing, I just really don't like it and I'm dreading going back tomorrow :( can anyone help me please? Xxx

Re: Dentist phobia

I'm so sorry you feel like this :( I used to get really freaked out by the dentist, I'm sure nowhere near as bad as you must have because of your past experiences - but I had to get braces put in and the nurse was really inexperienced and she put the plastic thing which holds your lips out of the way and she caught it on my gum about a hundred times, and it really hurt! :/

But now when I go to the dentist and have fillings or just a check up I just pretend that I'm not nervous, and for some reason it actually makes me feel a bit better haha. Like I go in and I'm all chatty and try and joke and laugh. Since you've had bad dentist experiences, maybe it would help if you asked them what they were going to do so you could be prepared?

Good luck! xx

Re: Dentist phobia

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information