Thread: dont know what to do?

dont know what to do?

hi wondered if anyone can offer me any advice? i was prescribed Provera tablets by my doctor (a progesterone tablet ) because i have low progesterone levels-i spot consistently 10 days before my period and have done since july- thing is the tablets have been sitting in my cupboard since then....too scared to take them in case they give me a blood clot (even though i used to take the pill for years)........what should i do, i have 2 days before i should take them-day 14-28
    like an idiot i have been reading the side effects on the internet........i only have to take them for 3 months then go back to tell him how ive got on.........i really dont know what to do.....any advice would be grateful
    thanksxx

hi i would say just give them a try,just for a few days and see how you get on.i know its really difficult to do when you are afraid of the side effects!!!(i never worried about taking any medication before i had anxiety!!!)but you don,t know until you try!
    have you ever taking meds for your anxiety,and had a rough time?maybe that has put you off!!!!!
    hope it goes o.k just do what you feel comfortable with!!!
    take care rachel x

Hi,
    I was prescribed provera 10 mg, one per day to deal with my hot sweats (menopause).I was told by the gynaecologist that I could take it for 10 years, I took it for about 5 years.This was prescribed to me because I was unable to take hrt due to my blood being prone to clotting. I dont think she would have prescribed it if it was going to give me a blood clot. Id give it a try if I were you,I think its the oestrogen in the pill or hrt that can cause blood clots,not the progestogen.
    Take care
    julie x

Hi I would give it a try,it may make you feel alot better.Try not to look up side affects, this will put you straight of taking them.
    take care

Ellen XX

Your doctor would not prescribe them if they weren't safe for you to take. They know all the side effects and your medical history and are able to make the judgement for your benefit.

Surfing the internet - very bad. Just don't do it.

Give them a try - 3 months isn't very long.

Thread Information