Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prescribed Mirtazapine due to Anxiety over short term Insomnia problem

Re: Prescribed Mirtazapine due to Anxiety over short term Insomnia problem

I very rarely drink anyway. I certainly wouldn't miss it if I didn't drink for the next 6months. I guess it's always nice to be able to have a couple on special occasions though. Felt a bit iffy today too...but i've only been on my increase for a week today so plenty of time to feel good again xx

Went up to 45mg last night, took a third of a 3.75mg zopiclone also - a tiny amount.
    Slept a full nine hours - first time for ages!
    Remember being zonked when first taking 15 and when I moved up to 30 so I hope better sleep continues and not to obsess about it.

That's great I'm having a bit of a wobbly day! Have been a bit dodgey ever since I went out on Wednesday night. I've been on the 45mg dose for a week today. Feeling a bit urghh about my anxiety again but hoping it's just a tiny blip xx

Yeah hopefully a blip for you rachy. Just taken second dose of 45 mg.
    Hope I get a similar result to last night, though am wide awake at mo. Will report back tomorrow!

How are you doing keggsy? Although I've had an 'Okay' day... as in 'okay...I've pushed through', I just feel a bit unsettled again..not sure if this is to be expected only a week into my increase.. I'm hoping so because I'm starting to get disheartened everytime I have a serious of good days and then start wobbling again which lasts 3-4days. My doctor has made it clear 45mg is the highest he will go on mirtazapine (I know some people are on 60mg-90mg) but it's not generally prescribed unless a doctor really believes in it will be good.

I'm really hoping this is all normal in terms of recovery..as I get really disheartened by the bad days- I know I shouldn't but you can't help it xx

Evening rachy.
    Had a decent night sleep again last night on 2nd night of 45mg.
    Still been a bit worried and anxious which tells me it cannot just be the insomnia causing my low mood, though it def makes it worse.
    Hopefully the 45 mg dose will in next few days boost my mood, though not convinced it will.
    Doc said he would consider sertraline instead but as mirt is supposed to be one of the most sedating AD's I'm not sure switching would be the best idea.
    Sun nights often dodgy for me with work the next day. Wish I could relax about sleep!
    X

Yes, you see..that's my fear..I would be quite happy and willing to try something else IF it didn't stop me from sleeping and I'm not willing to start popping zopiclone's alongside another antidepressant, so really really hoping I start to stop having these downhill days xx

I think we need to try and focus on the here and now, I'm a terror for predicting the worst which often never materialises.
    I'm sure there are other options if mirt does not work for us.
    I've got my 45mg in tablets now instead of the dissolvable tabs and doc said he is happy for me to experiment with splitting the dose - I.be got 15mg and 30mg tablets, so could take the supposedly more sedating 15mg at night and the 30mg in daytime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information