Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBT starts soon

Re: CBT starts soon

With my 3rd session this Friday, which I could do with, he might want to speak to my parents.

Had my 3rd session today, whoops I left the list of things I was worried about last week at least he knows. I am health anxiety mad, very scary. lots of cancers I am afraid of, also reading about things make me think I got the same thing wrong with me.

I got my 4th session on Thursday this week, so I don't know what to expect. I still got a lot to talk about, my CBT coach may talk to one of the doctors about my worries if he thinks I am at risk of over worrying myself.

It all sounds like progress to me. The early days can seem rather confusing, not to mention overwhelming..... But ultimately that offloading of information will be beneficial.

'my CBT coach may talk to one of the doctors about my worries if he thinks I am at risk of over worrying myself.'

just out of curiosity is it possible to worry too much?? and if you can worry too much what could this lead too??

thetube82

Quote Originally Posted by thetube82 View Post
    'my CBT coach may talk to one of the doctors about my worries if he thinks I am at risk of over worrying myself.'

just out of curiosity is it possible to worry too much?? and if you can worry too much what could this lead too??

thetube82
    That's what general anxiety disorder is, worrying too much. I suppose the definition would be worrying about things that do not require worrying over, like what people think about you, a harmless symptom, going shopping, getting the bus etc.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

many thanks, so my 4th appointment was yesterday, did something with the belt technique.
    I am coming up to being 30 so more worries are going to arise. I am not going to be 100% anxiety free my cbt coach has told me this.

He did noticed in my notes that I did wrote to much information, he thought that was quite interesting and said to him stop if it too much information being given in one go. The human brain is amazing thing.

After this evening session in the chatroom and me worrying about my health. I am going to try and focus more on my CBT as I cannot go on like this now I have reached 30.
    I will be giving the chat room and forum a break and will be back next year when I be hopefully more refresh.

I just want to say many thanks for your help over the last number of months.

I had my 9th session of cbt, something done on tape, a relaxing exercise so I can refer to it if needed. I am started to try and take my sessions a bit more serious, even though I know I may only have a few more sessions left.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information