Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: horrible taste in mouth

horrible taste in mouth

Has any1 ever had a metal taste in mouth. I keep getting a metal taste in my mouth. Not every day though. Its driving me mad and im starting to think its something bad!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

googling and i know i shouldnt but its saying a metal taste can be a symptom of cancer HELP PLEASE XXX

Re: horrible taste in mouth

It's also a symptom of anxiety. See the "Symptoms" link on the left side of the page.

Good Luck!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

its hard to believe anxiety can cause a metal taste along with lots of other symptoms i hate this theres a new symptom everyday

What's amazing to me is just how many physical symptoms anxiety can actually cause. When you read through the symptoms in that link you think "no way", but they are documented physical symptoms caused by the mind.

It's interesting to say the least. I have neurological side effects from chemotherapy. Nueropathy in my feet being one of them. They feel numb and cold (they're not to the touch) and I get "stabby" pains in them all the time but there's nothing physically wrong. I also get body twitches and RLS (restless leg syndrome) and a bunch of other things but much of it is caused by my body and brain misfiring due to the effects of the treatment. It's crazy I know but it is what it is and much better than the alternative.

Good Luck
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I guess the brain is a powerfull thing thanx for your post

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

iv also read it could be a sign of MS im seriously freaking out

Shelley, with respect, you really need to try to be firm with yourself and stop Googling, stop reading, or stop researching symptoms.

In HA, knowledge is NEVER a good thing. You just jump from the worst thing to the worst. It doesn't squash the anxiety, so what purpose does it serve for you or any HA sufferer?

Cancer...MS...the list will just go on hun.

The thing about Googling is it just validates what you fear, so you actually inevitably find the one thing you are scared of, and the anxiety gets bigger.

I have the same as you right now. And a burning mouth. I put it down to my anxiety being a problem right now. If it carries on and on, I'll see a doctor. If not, it's all good.

Try if you can to just tell yourself 'ok, so this is weird, but I won't let it get to me and I'll see how things go.'

It is hard, but it can be done. x

Quote Originally Posted by shelley1813 View Post
    I guess the brain is a powerfull thing thanx for your post

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

iv also read it could be a sign of MS im seriously freaking out
    Remember... the brain is a powerful organ And please stop consulting Dr. Google. A computer search engine cannot physically examine nor diagnose you!

Good Luck!

Hi

I have had a metal taste in my mouth and a sore tongue,palate and a nerve feeling in my teeth since February.

My psych says it's a part of anxiety. I went to an oral consultant who said van(burning mouth syndrome)
    I'm now trying to accept its a part of my anxiety! To see if it eases as nothing else as helped!!

Thank you all soooo much for taking the time to reply. I know i shouldnt google it just gets the better of me from time to time. I have calmed down slightly after reading your posts and knowing im not alone xxx

I have heard it could be acid reflux...going up your esophagus and entering into you mouth. But yes...I think I experienced it from time to time...but it went away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information