Thread: Essential oils

Essential oils

Hi everyone, I have tried loads of ways to try and improve my anxiety (including some meds, such as beta blockers) and I have found one way which reduces it a lot and really quickly is essential oils.

I am good friends with a qualified aromatherapist/reflexologist who also practices reiki, and although I was initially very sceptical I am literally amazed with the results.

The reflexology part was particularly interesting; each area on each of our feet on the sole relates to a different body part, and pain is only felt on the part of the foot where there is a problem.. for example, I had a bad ear infection recently and was offered to have a short reflexology session (as much as I hate people touching my feet) I agreed - and the second she put pressure on one particular spot on my foot, I literally nearly screamed in pain.

She didn't know that I had an ear infection, and she was confused and asked me if I had an ear problem in my right ear. I was so shocked - but she showed me the diagram showing which part of your foot is which body part, and the painful bit really was my ear!

She also asked me if I have been taking a lot of tablets/painkillers as it had shown up on my organs, which freaked me out but she said it was fairly common and I should try and take them less often.

This post has turned into a bit of a ramble, but I would really encourage anxiety sufferers to check out this sort of treatment, by a qualified practitioner, and see if it works.

I have also had several oil blends made up for me, all of which are quite literally amazing.

Please feel free to contact me for more information - and also don't try and buy the essential oils online, buy them from a registered and qualified person, as some of them can be dangerous when applied to skin neat ect

Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t)

Re: Essential oils

Hi Rosie I am a qualified holistic therapist and I agree that holistic therapies are very beneficial. Essential oils especially are very relaxing. I do quite a lot of aromatherapy massages and it is surprising how many people fall asleep. I had to wake someone once half an hour after I had finished the massage!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    Hi Rosie I am a qualified holistic therapist and I agree that holistic therapies are very beneficial. Essential oils especially are very relaxing. I do quite a lot of aromatherapy massages and it is surprising how many people fall asleep. I had to wake someone once half an hour after I had finished the massage!
    What an amazing job to be able to do! I have seen first hand how people are before and after treatments, and it can be so lovely and calming. I wish everyone could give it a go and see the effect.

And I think you should definitely take that as a compliment!
    Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t)

Wow Annie , I didn't know you were an holistic therapist.

Just wondering due to my pregnancy - what would you recommend , I keep hearing frankinscense is good?
    Xxx

I wouldn't use essential oils on anyone in the first trimester. Since you are past that stage Col, the safe ones to use that also help with anxiety are Bergamot, Mandarin, Petitgrain, chamomile, pine, lavender, frankincense, patchouli, neroli, ylang ylang. Skin can be more sensitive during pregnancy so I would dilute the essential oils in a carrier oil more than I usually would (1 drop of oil to 5ml carrier).

I have a diploma in holistic therapies but don't do it as a job. I do treatments for family and friends. I would do treatments for my NMP friends if anyone lived close enough
    I do Aromatherapy (my favourite), Swedish massage, reflexology, Indian head massage, Hopi Ear candles and Bellitas body wraps.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

Col you could also use any of the above essential oils in an oil burner rather than a massage oil.

Thanks soo much Annie X so I'd have to buy two oiles one a carrier for dilution & also a fragrance I hear frankinscense is particularly good? Reminds me of attending catholic mass as a child, its got a very holy smell.

I went on neals yard web site & some oils don't explain their application. Massage? Oil burner? Drink?

Xxx

Thread Information