Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: morning anxiety

morning anxiety

Hi all.

I'm currently taking 30mg cipramil daily. I'm suffering with dreadful morn anxiety. Basically I can feel it as soon as I wake. I get up and have a cup decaf tea or coffee but it overtakes me and I have to go lie back down for a while. The feeling eases off as the day goes on but leaves me incredibly tired. Come 7pm its gone and I feel ok again.

Any comments greatfully appreciated.

Xx

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

Also I feel sick during day and cant eat. 7pm ish I can eat etc

Believe in yourself x

http://lisastaff.blog.co.uk

Re: morning anxiety

Morning anxiety affects a lot of the people posting to NMP (including me).

The ultimate goal is to stop it altogether, but before that, limit it so that it evaporates soon after you wake up.

You may improve over time, or you may need to change your medication in consultation with your doctor.

I've been able to achieve the balance that works for me, but it's not perfect.

How do u limit it??

Ty x

Believe in yourself x

Mines only got bad since being on venlafaxine it does ease off after a cigarette and a cup of tea I'm not saying to take up smoking by the way lol

I smoke anyway. Can't give that up just yet !! Just downloaded a relaxation app. Gonna try that before I get out of bed. Just had a go of it and it was surprisingly good.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/anxi...410805846?mt=8

I will try anything now x

Believe in yourself x

Brittab,
    Good Morning! My anxiety is always the worst in the morning. I'm on day 6 of citalopram, so I'm never sure whether it's the citalopram or my anxiety and depression. I do know that anxiety has always been worse for me in the morning.
    I find that writing in my journal for 30 minutes or so helps. I just write fast and furiously whatever comes to mind. It helps to get out some of that restless energy.
    I find within a couple of hours, it is generally better. It's just not letting myself crawl into that anxiety and stay there, dwelling on it, that's the problem.
    Here's hoping that you have a good day.

Hi tanner,

Yep I'm wondering if the meds are increasing the symptoms or whether it's just the anxiety doing its worst. I'm day 20 on increased dose. I would just like my appetite and energy back now!!
    I haven't been out properly for a few weeks ( work etc ) so think its prob not helping being indoors a lot now so I'm gonna try and get out next week and face the world!
    I'll try the writing thing, it might help get my anxieties out thst way!

Hope u r having a good day too xx

Believe in yourself x

Morning anxiety can often be very simply down to low blood sugar, especially if you find yourself getting better as the day goes on.

Do you eat breakfast when you wake or is it just a cup of decaf tea that you have?

Hmmmm interesting honeylove... I have a decaf tea or coffee but no food. I feel unable to eat. Any suggestions ?? I can eat the night before. And yes anxiety improves as day goes on. By eve it's almost disappeared!!

Also I've ordered some inositol powder?? Has anyone ever tried it??

Believe in yourself x

It sounds like it could be an issue with low blood sugar then, so it's well worth experimenting with food to see if it helps alleviate that anxiety for you

When you don't eat your blood sugars drop and it can cause a whole range of problems, including anxiety, if you don't eat in time. It can even cause panic attacks because of how strange you may feel. I've found myself anxious, depressed, manic and even paranoid all because of low blood sugars if I forget to eat! It has a major effect on some of us.

If you're feeling better as the day goes on this is likely to be because eventually you eat and your blood sugars come up again. Food is fuel for your brain & body, you really need to eat regularly to feel your best, it's just good basic maintenance for your body & mind. Skipping breakfast (especially with anxiety problems!) is a bad idea, you really need to refuel before the day begins.

The funny thing about low blood sugar is that it can often make us feel like not eating at all, or even it can make you feel nauseous, it can be hard to push past that feeling, but if you make yourself eat something it will be worth it to feel better. Just take small bites and be firm with yourself!

If you find it hard to eat in the mornings just keep the food simple like a slice of toast, some fruit like a banana, yoghurt and orange juice. Try to eat carbs with some protein for the best combination.

If you can manage it porridge will keep your blood sugars stable for longer than any other cereal. A boiled egg with some whole meal toast is also very good for you!

I used to keep a banana on my bedside locker to eat the moment I woke up, when my anxiety was really bad or when I am sick and my blood sugars are low. It can help you to get going before the day starts and eliminate that feeling of anxiety before it begins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information