Thread: polyp

polyp

hey guys, was having some mid cycle bleeding so went to see the doctor who recommended a smear and infection test. when having the smear the nurse said I have a polyp and she needs to refer me to the gynae. So now, I'm waiting for a date to see the gynae, for my smear results, and the infection results. So scared right now, don't know what to expect :(

Re: polyp

Okay Rebexy.. I have had two polyps one with mid cycle bleeding ie bloody discharge last year and one discovered during smear three years ago. I booked an appointment at my gps and they took out the polyp out and sent it for biospy at the lab. Its not painful and more of less like a smear test but they just twist the polyp off and remove it. Some gps dont do it. They are 0000.01 chance of being cancer so very very small and they doctor can normally tell by looking at your cervix to see if its pink and smooth (sorry if too much information.
    I hope your smear results and infections results are normal and dont worry (i know its easy to say) let me know if you need any more info but good luck

thanks pringles, had my sti results today after night of panicking that I had had chlamydia for 10 years...they were all clear, so pleased! Now just waiting for smear results and date for polyp removal... still a little scared but feel like i have hit the first hurdle running. This time 2 years ago I would never have even set foot into the doctors, never mind given a list of symptoms and this is my first ever smear or sti test!

I have had polyps in my uterus before. It sounds like yours are in your cervix which are much easier to remove. My friend had one removed from her cervix and it was fine

thanks annie, the nurse did say it looks fine, but was going to refer me just because it had been causing mid cycle bleeding and being a general nuisance. but me being being me I didn't ask anything then came out panicked and consulted dr google..!

Honestly don't worry. I had a polyp a few years ago which was found on my cervix during a smear test. I was referred to gynae, and they just snipped it out during an internal examination. I was not even aware of it, I didn't feel anything to be honest. It's nothing to worry about and I am very squemish. I had it sent off for a biopsy, which again is just just normal procedure, and all was fine.

Take care xx

Thanks so much for the helpful words guys. I fear medical situations so badly and get worked up even having my blood pressure taken. I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

Just to update, have booked my appointment in gynae for 2nd Jan so thinking if they thought it was serious they would have me in sooner and got my smear test and infection tests back now and they were both all clear so feeling slightly better about things. Still a bit worried about procedure though :S

Thread Information