Thread: involuntary movements!!

Exclamation involuntary movements!!

Hi Everyone

I've been experiencing twitching in my face and muscle spasms in the stomach to the point were my body jolts I'm so afraid!, i feel so ashamed to ask my partner for reassurance because she has been diagnosed with MS 4 months ago so i see the physical symptoms first hand, i need to stay strong for her and the kids, but this has me worrying to the point were i can't sleep, go out etc, i can't be like this she needs me more than ever!, am i being selfish cause it sure feels like it, please Help me if anyone has had this before, I've suffered with HA for 12 years now!

Medication: 2mg Diazepam, 30mg Lansoprazole

Thank you

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Re: involuntary movements!!

I've developed an odd twitch in my face lately. I'm just trying to ignore it tbh as its the least of my HA worries. You're under a lot of pressure being strong to support your partner, don't be too hard on yourself. It'll be most likely the stress of that.

See the "Symptoms" link on the left side of the page. Almost word for word on muscle twitching.

Good Luck!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have the same WHOLE BODY twitching.. It scares me. xD I don't know why my body is jerking yet. But I guess it's because I lack vitamin B12 in my body and my anemic nature.
    Try some B group vitamins, maybe.

I feel guilty because my partner has MS and selfish for posting this, she has been there for me through thick and thin and now it's my turn to step up and my HA is holding me back i can't let this beat me but these symptoms above are frightening me spasms, twitching, cognitive problems with speech for e.g (fass me the pork) at first i thought am i mimicking my partner but i began feeling like this before hand but it's worse than before, docs say it's your anxiety over & over are they correct can anyone relate plz.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Thanks for the replies everyone I'm really grateful

i have been under more stress lately, i have recently purchased berocca would that be ok or would i have to buy B complex?? It is frightening i agree but i can't help but feel like a coward because my partner is so strong minded even with MS!

Thanks You

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Quote Originally Posted by Petesy View Post
    I feel guilty because my partner has MS and selfish for posting this, she has been there for me through thick and thin and now it's my turn to step up and my HA is holding me back i can't let this beat me but these symptoms above are frightening me spasms, twitching, cognitive problems with speech for e.g (fass me the pork) at first i thought am i mimicking my partner but i began feeling like this before hand but it's worse than before, docs say it's your anxiety over & over are they correct can anyone relate plz.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Thanks for the replies everyone I'm really grateful

i have been under more stress lately, i have recently purchased berocca would that be ok or would i have to buy B complex?? It is frightening i agree but i can't help but feel like a coward because my partner is so strong minded even with MS!

Thanks You
    I think Berocca will do. Just keep positive, replenish your body with B vitamins, sleep more and see if things are going better for you. I guarantee it will! Just remember, that it needs a bit time for vitamins and other good stuff to start working their way.

Thanks mummyanxious, fishmanpa, and lilsun, i'll take this on board and give the vitamins a go i'll keep youz updated on the progress.

Thanks again I'm really grateful for your support ;-)

Hi
    Do you mean large body jerks where your arms suddenly flail out etc? I've had those for years. I think it's technically called myoclonus, but if you look that up you'll find things on epilepsy and so on (so don't look it up if you have HA!) Answer is stress, basically. They reduce when you're under less stress. Most people get a type of myoclonus when they go to sleep (so that dream where you fall off something and then you jerk awake....that's your body jerking). But people under stress can have it throughout the day. One theory is that you're exhausted and your brain keeps trying to go to sleep but your anxious body, which thinks you're in danger, keeps jerking to wake you up.

Completely harmless but a total nuisance!

Hi Harasgenster

Yeah lastnight it was happening something similar to the dream you described, sudden jerks, jolting right out of bed sometimes even my arms & shoulders were doing it, my brother tries to make me laugh about it saying (i can't body pop how do u do that lol) he's only trying to take my mind off of it, but as you said i wont be checking that up i'll end up freaking out =-O, it's not happening right now so maybe you're right the more stressed i am it seems to make matters worse, frightening though, i've just had bloods taken LFT U&E GLUCOSE something tells me the docs checking to see if i have diabetes, in the waiting room it was beginning to happen then the nurse called my name and after the tests were finished my anxiety magically subsided, strange but got me thinking.

Thanks Harasgenster for your reply much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Sorry i forgot too mention my sleep is terrible so sleep exhaustion i do have the doc gave me six 3.75mg Zopiclone for it i've never had them before and as per usual I'm afraid to take them incase i don't wake up.

Thread Information