Thread: Every single day~

Every single day~

Hello everyone. I already posted an 'introduction message' to the appropriate section of the forum, but I just wanted to let you all know that this is probably the first out of many posts I will be making here. I tend to be quite the worrier...

But first, perhaps I should actually get into the things I am worrying about.

This all started about two months ago now, well, this bout at least. A few years ago I had obsessive thoughts about having brain cancer, but those have subsided at least a bit.

Lung Cancer? Why did I think I had it? After experiencing a few strange feelings in my chest, strange pains that matched up with a throbbing sensation, a bit of occasional shortness of breath, these were just a few of the many things that first led me into my adventure of hypochondria. What didn't help me, was that the first day I went onto Google to search my symptoms, I began developing a persistent cough with mucus. This later turned out to be, what I believe actually, is a sinus infection.

I immediately made an appointment with my doctor and went in. I was scared as hell. After describing everything, he said he thought I might be having issues with my galbladder. This was mostly due to the strange back pain/tingling sensation I always get around my left shoulder blade. (Another thing I constantly worry about.) The next day I went into the hospital for testing. And after a $600 test and a follow up visit, I'm uninsured, he recommended that I go back on my anxiety medication.

Really? You think so?

The day after I started my medicine, I developed a strange sensation in the left half of my face, more centered towards my jaw. It is an almost tight-like feeling, a pressure, a constant dull feeling that is always there. Nearly two months later, I still have it.

By now one must be thinking that I have truly lost my mind, but no, it only gets worse from here.

I have become so depressed/panicked over this whole thing, that I have actually began trying to accept the thought of death, trying to accept the fear that I have some sort of cancer before it actually reveals itself to do anything. I've missed school, I've missed work, all because I don't really see that much of a point in wasting the little time that I 'think' I have left.

The symptoms of anything I am feeling right now include.

-The dull feeling in my face. - I somehow think it is some kind of cancer.
    -Tingling/pain in the left half of my back. -I'm convinced it's either lung or bone cancer.
    -A sinus infection. - The second one I have had since this all began, I think it's sinus cancer.
    -Occasional headaches. - I think it's either brain cancer or a lung metastasis.
    -Strange twinging pains in my chest, usually the left side. - I think it's lung cancer. These sometimes radiate down my left arm, which also makes me think Cancer.
    -Slight hoarseness. - Yet again, lung cancer.
    -Cough/sinus problems/mucus. - Could be a sinus infection...but you never know.
    -Strange stomach issues, non-regular and often downright strange bathroom visits. - I have a history of IBS, but I think it's some kind of cancer of the stomach.

As you can see...I have a lot of fears, many, many different things that I think I have, many wasted moments of worry and anxiety that I could spend on many other things.

I am slightly overweight, don't eat very good (I know, I know...but...college), and am on Zoloft and Pepcid.

Why can't I just live my life?
    Last edited by TikPandora; 29-10-13 at 03:16.

Re: Every single day~

Welcome to the forums! Youll find lots of friendly support here.

Have a look through the symptoms list on your left and you'll see that a lot of what you're experiencing can be attributed to anxiety. One thing I would say about the tension in your jaw, the sinus problems, headaches and hoarseness is that stress can often trigger what's called TMJ which can be painful tension of your jaw muscles. It can be triggered if you clench or grind your teeth from stress. It might be worth talking to a dentist about it.

Ae you doing anything in your life to manage the anxiety, apart from taking the meds of course.

I try my best to preoccupy myself with many different things, writing, going to conventions, things such as that.

Those things really seem to help, but it's when I am alone that they really skyrocket.

Have you ever considered CBT or therapy to help you deal with the anxiety?

No, I have not really considered anything of the sort. It's just the cough and the feeling in my face that worries me. My trips to Google (which I no longer make) have provided me with nothing but stress in the situation.

But, at least not going there any more is good right?

That's definitely a step in the right direction

Getting some help through CBT would really be of benefit, give it some thought! X

Thread Information