Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coping with Panic when looking after children

Re: Coping with Panic when looking after children

hi there tiff

Sorry to hear that you are suffering so, i wish i had a magic wand to remove this horrible condition for everyone. I too am new to this and have only really had 3/4 major attacks in the last year but they are very hard to shake off.
    It sounds as though you just carry on regardless no matter how your feeling and i suppose this is all you can do, but that in itself is quite a achievment. i have 4 kids 2/4/12/15 and they have no idea what im going through. On occassions i have mild attacks which make me uncomftable in their presence so i go to the loo wet my face and and try to compose myself then like you carry on regardless. i am thankful for bedtime as that is you time and can relax fully,make the most of it.Also thankful for this site and find expressing my thoughts helpful. I must take the step to see doctor about this though. i really wish you well and hope your situation improves for you.

Re: Coping with Panic when looking after children

Hi, I am a single mammy and boy do I know this feeling.... I often need someone with me if I am to take lil one out to do anything which limits us and I feel sooo guilty that he cant just have a trip to the park like other kids because mammy cant face it. My saving grace is winter, ohh its cold out sweetie lets have a snuggle day :/ I feel exposed when I'm out with him alone and my anxiety intensifies as I always have to protect him.....

'We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information