Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregabalin Weight Gain

Pregabalin Weight Gain

Hi I have finally managed to get my doctor to prescribe me Pregabalin from Escitralopram. Although it will be reviewed in a month as apparently its very expensive. Not withstanding the fact I have paid NI for ages This has followed a very worrying trend of me drinking excessively for a few months which culminated in me missing work through being hungover. Also dabbeling in benzos as the anxiety about sleep was just getting horrific. Anyway... the above behaviours have led to me putting on about a stone which considering I was at 21% body fat (high for a male) before this is a little worrying. i finally decided if I was so anxious then the Escitalopram must be working any more. I took Mirtazapine for sleep before but I put on a lot of weight on that and I couldnt shift it even though I was dieting. Some of it came off when I came off it but it has come back on now. Will this be as bad?

I finally found a private therapist who has helped people in the past that have severe anxiety about insomnia so with some luck I may not be on medication in the future. Plus she want me to get up an hour earlier and do some exercise so that may balance it out perhaps?

Re: Pregabalin Weight Gain

Nobody? I had two doses yesterday and felt very relaxed feeling. No extra hunger at all. Didnt feel the didn't feel the need to chuck back alcohol and Slept great. Woke around 7 and took my morning dose. Ended up falling asleep might have to be careful with that So far so good

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Dazzlar,

On this drug NO alcohol!! Plus as I am sure you already know alcohol is a stimulant, therefore causes anxiety.
    Pregabalin is NOT an antidepressant.
    You dont say what dose pregabalin you are on.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply Sarah.
    Whoops. I guess its the anti anxiety affect of alcohol that has caused me to drink it to help me me sleep. Im not drinking again though on it. I'm on 3x50mg at the moment. Just for this month as the docs probably will not re prescribe it..

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

I know Pregabalin is only for anxiety I have never had depression, just obsessive thoughts, insomnia and anxiety

Dazzlar,

It should work for you then

To be honest I do think some of this insomnia which is brought on by my excessive obsession with sleep and trying to get the amount I think is normal may be linked to PTSD. From a pretty horrific period when I was a child.

The insomnia is my main issue at the moment as it affects my work. I was using Pot for a while for sleep but that has become pretty ineffective but combined with alcohol knocks me out. Although if I push it too far it wrecks the following day. Recently dabbled in Benzos but I'm trying to come off them now.
    Thanks for your support

In reply to your other post in your thread I have used Zopiclone and found it awesome to be fair. I'm surprised you havent built up a bad tolerance to them

Ha ha Dazzlar.....I did!!

My story is on the post "pregabalin...at last". Last Xmas I was taking 18mgs a night to sleep!!! Yes my GP knew about it. I have been on them for 13yrs..............I have now reduced to 7.5mgs and have been told I have a Sleep Disorder. I basically have problems dropping off to sleep as I am frightened I will die in my sleep........................I also have PTSD.......hence the pregabalin.

Sarah

Yeah its awesome knowing that you will go to bed and be asleep within 30 mins ha ha
    I used to wake really early though although I was fine during the day which leads me to believe I need less sleep than I think.

Nice one on dropping the dosage so much!! Some willpower you have.
    I never went over 7.5mg myself as its bad enough relying on what I do to sleep, but I can see why they are so addictive.

Yep...when I was first given Zopliclone they were the new wonderdrug sleeping tablet (1999).........................it's only later that the addictive stuff came about. To be fair I have always had difficulty sleeping (my mother is an insomniac too). My mind wont switch off and then I get the dreaded Restless Legs!!!!!

I have now been diagnosed with a sleep disorder..............but thats the least of my worries

Hopefully one day they'll find a drug suitable for long term use.
    Mirtazpine seemed to be amazing at first but that put a stone on me and eventually stopped working.
    I'm seeing a therapist specifically for my insomnia, she seems to think I maybe 'one of those lucky ones who only needs 5 hours sleep'

It feels a bit like a benzo to me, I dont know if its the drug but I found myself reminiscing a lot today (good memories mainly) feels nice
    So far only two days in I am happy.
    If it continues I hope they let me keep taking it

I hope you get through your issues and I'm glad Pregabalin seems to be helping you

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information