Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregabalin Weight Gain

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Re: Pregabalin Weight Gain

Oh Dazzlar....the memories thing!!!! Yes that is exactly what happened to me when I first took pregabalin...........very strange....remembering things from my childhood long forgotten........but I cant remember what I ate for breakfast

Its mad. I quite liked it to be honest. Slept great again but the sedating aspect of it seems to have gone. No weight gain as of yet. Long may it continue. Back at at boxing training so hopefully I can can lose a bit as well

Hi Dazzlar,

It's possible to stay the same weight or even lose weight while taking pregabalin. You do need to give extra attention to diet and exercise, but weight-gain is not an automatic given.

Thanks hanshan,
    I guess im just hoping its not like Mirtazpine.
    I put a lot of weight on that despite watching my diet and going jogging before breakfast.
    I put weight on with citalpram but once I started dieting and boxing I dropped 20lbs in 6 months. I was was devastated when I put it all back on with Mirtazpine

I think it's a bit more subtle than mirtazapine, but the weight gain thing is still there. If you are new to pregabalin, the main thing (if it works - it doesn't for everyone) is to get used to feeling okay for the first time in a while. Then you need to work out what dosage is right for you and deal with possible side effects like weight gain. Good luck with it. I have some side effects (mostly coordination) but I wouldn't be without it.

Thats good to hear as long as I can lose weight even if it is slowly I'll be very happy.
    The Mirt put me up from 84kg to 90kg.
    I managed to get back to that but since my sleep got messed up and I started messing about drinking i'm up to 91. My target was to get back to 79kg which I was whilst i was boxing but to be fair I do a lot of weight training now.

But yeah I will concentrate on getting well again I have cut back so much on the alcohol already thanks to the Lyrica and I've only been on it a few days.
    With me reading the real effects dont set in till a week or two after I am very optimistic.
    As long as I can get in the gym and stick to my morning routine I should be good

I'm taking both mirtazapine and pregabalin, but can lose weight as long as I count calories. If I don't, the weight starts going back on. This is what's worked for me - everyone has to find what's right for them.

I completely agree.
    The only thing that worked on Mirt was no carb diets but I found them impossible to stick to.
    Not having a great time with anxiety today. Although I did get stupidly drunk on Saturday and made a complete fool of myself

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Alcohol = stimulant = anxiety

I know. It was a party and I like parties.
    One thing I am particularly worried about is the impression I got from the doctors is that the cost will prevent me from staying on it. What would be a decent alternative? I dont think ssris work for me anymore. I liked Mirtazpine but it made me fat and eventually stopped working.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information