Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pregabalin Weight Gain

Re: Pregabalin Weight Gain

Best thing is to describe the problem as clearly as possible, so people can suggest solutions.

Hi Hanshan, my issue is sleep which is caused by my excessive worry about sleep. Basically my anxiety has become fixated on sleep. My newest solution has been to drink to knock myself out. I went to see the doctor today as my Pregabalin has ran out and had a chat and she suggested Mirtazapine which helped greatly in the past but did nothing for my daytime anxiety and piled the weight on, alnthough nothing like what drinking every day has. So she suggested Amitriptyline. So I agreed to try that she said its better than Mirt for anxiety and not as bad for the weight gain. So my Pregabalin journey has come to an end... Thoughts?
    Good luck to you and Sarah as well

Pregabalin can be combined with a SSRI/SNRI/NaSSA etc as its action is different. If one drug alone (ie without alcohol) does not work for you, you may be able to find the combination that helps with sleep and relieves anxiety.

I started taking mirtazapine years ago at a particularly difficult time. At my worst, I was waking a dozen times or more each night with severe jolts of anxiety. Mirtazapine helped fix that, but didn't do much for my daytime anxiety.

A couple of years ago I started pregabalin, which works well for my daytime anxiety, so I'm taking both. Actually, now that things have settled, I may be able to reduce or discontinue either one or both, but I'm happy to keep going along as I am for the moment, as long as I can keep finding a doctor who will continue to prescribe them.

Good luck, and I hope the new medication helps you to sleep.

Thanks Hanshan, the doc refused to prescribe it with anything else.
    Since sleep is my main cause of anxiety I took the sleepy drug. I still have some Escitalpram so I will continue on a very low dose of that. Had a good sleep last night but I was wide awake from watching the boxing so I was surprised. Ended up sleeping in which is very unlike me, so far so good. Feel wiped out today. Mirt was good for me but it stopped working and like you said it did nothing for me other than knocking me out.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information