Thread: Have I completely lost it now

Have I completely lost it now

Hi everyone

I have recently saved up about 600 pounds for my once in a life time trip to New York in March .

I have had.a tremendous ridiculous fear of Hodgkin's lymphoma for 21 months now and I am considering getting a medical checkup privately

I fear I won't be here in march although I feel fine just now

I really am losing the plot !

Realistically I know that reassurance is only temporary but feel a good private check up might help me ? In saying that I should be dead by now shouldn't I?

Hope everyone's doing better than me

Gemma

Re: Have I completely lost it now

Hi Gemmal,

Oh my gosh! I don't know if my words will get through but I sure hope so!

One of your life dreams, a "once in a lifetime" trip to New York is within your grasp. Don't allow an illogical thought to ruin it!

IF...and that a HUGE IF you had lymphoma or any cancer, you would be very, very sick or possibly gone by now, 21 months from the first time the thought crossed your mind!

The cost of a private test would rob you of that dream and by your own words, "temporarily" relieve you of your anxiety.

New York City is one of the coolest places in the US. The food, entertainment (Broadway for one), culture, night life, live music and so many other attractions are part of the essence of American City Life and it will be worth every penny spent.

Hear me... don't let HA stop you from living and experiencing this! Go for it! If, when you return home, you still feel the same way, save your money to get tested then!

Good Luck!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa what a lovely post thanks for taking the time to reply ! You are totally right decided to stop being irrational and save my money ! I can't wait !!

I hope you are well !

Please don't waste your money on tests - go on holiday and enjoy it!

Live life not fear death!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Fishmanpa......what a great post. But then all your posts are so well thought and written.

Gemmal.....lucky you, thats my dream place to visit one day. Have a fantastic time

5th Avenue is calling you, not a medical center. Take your mind off things read up on the Big Apple and Manhattan, Go to the states its great, you never know you may come back with a new outlook on life for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmal View Post
    Fishmanpa what a lovely post thanks for taking the time to reply ! You are totally right decided to stop being irrational and save my money ! I can't wait !!

I hope you are well !
    Doing fine thanks Ohhh.. NY Pizza! Mmmmm! and a Yankees game if it's the season
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information