Thread: understanding anxiety

understanding anxiety

hey guys,
    i'm trying to come to terms with understanding anxiety...i first suffered in april..with derealisation..funny stuff going on with my head (buzzing...heat etc)..it was frightening at the time and i went on 3 cbt sessions...things improved with an occassional blip until 2 days ago...it has all come back with a vengeance. i was due back at work and i think facing it has triggered it all off again.
    what i am unsure of is this return of anxiety- does it mean i'm back at square one?? or does the fact that i know it is anxiety and i wait for it to pass mean that i will cope and life will just continue..
    am confused will it ever go away or is it all about learning to live with it? has all the stuff i've been doin with sjw vits etc all going nowhere?
    thanks

Hi evenflow

Its great to hear that things improved with CBT, hay that great news, WELL DONE.

I know its dame hard trying to understand anxiety.
    When we are learning how to recover, we NEVER go back to square one, you have too much knowledge. You just feel like that at time time, ohh another one of Mrs anxietys tricks to scare us, don't let Mrs anxiety do that to you, you are NOT back to square one.

What you have to understand is, everybody on this planat may have anxeiety from time to time, its part of are emotions, what you are trying to learn is to bring you anxiety down to a normal level. Remember, to feel nothing at all, would mean you have know emations at all.

You seem to have found out what trigger this high anxiety attack, now is to find out why?
    Do you have worries concering work?
    What are your thought pattens towards work? can you remember?

Changing your thought pattens towards work, may help your anxiety lesson. By know means is this easy, but possible.

Please don't be to hard on yourself, you have been doing great. It will go away with alot of hard work time and support, this is one of those blips which when recovering happens, just let it pass.

NO, Evenflow, you don't have to learn to live with it, Keep doing what you are doing.

Are you having anymore CBT sessions?

Try and learn to do the tapping, Carl spoke about it in chat.

Transcript for LIVE Chat with Carl on EFT

I know its hard but hang in there, it will pass.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

hey jill,
    thanx for your views..your words are a great comfort as are all the guys on this site...i will go back for some more cbt i think..and will check out the link..thank u
    xx

Thread Information