Thread: Wine and Anxiety?

Wine and Anxiety?

Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way as me after wine or any alcohol really!
    I'm in my late 30s and as most of us I used to be able to drink in my 20s not like a fish but more like a giant whale!

The past 5 years or so I have greatly reduced my alcohol intake and have become a lot more natural in drinking herbal teas and fresh juices, I don't touch fizzy stuff, now even if I have a glass of wine at lunch (white or red)
    It starts to make me feel sluggish and the feeling of not being there, I detest this feeling and I think it maybe as my anxiety is at its peak the feeling of not being in control overtakes me and makes me anxious, anyway I have to lie down as I feel " hungoverish" but I don't know if I really am feeling this rubbish or if its Mrs Ann Ziety paying an unwanted visit yet again!
    As this feeling is with me pretty much until the next day then I wake up and feel groggy maybe a little sick ( but I think that's just my anxiety kicking in)
    So basically I feel like crap and really tired!
    Why is this happening after 1 or 2 drinks?
    And is anyone else feeling the same?

Re: Wine and Anxiety?

Hello earthmum if I drink and felt ok before I started I feel fine the next day but if I drink when I feel rubbish I feel terrible the next day or 2 the reason I will still have a drink when I feel rubbish is that it makes me feel better and the horrible feelings go away at the time but don't last and have to pay for it the next day , it just gives me some felief for a while and the only time I feel normal . Wish you well x

Thanks Jackieann , that explains it well,I'm feeling anxious as it is and the monthly is nearing its visit (sorry) so I'm assuming its all playing a horrible role in it!
    Thanks for your reply really appreciated

Oh yes no rest for US women , take care x

Feel much the same after one drink and it increases my palpitations

Thanks Mummyanxious, I'm glad I'm not the only one but wish we didn't feel so horrid, can't even bloody relax with a drink

I know earthmum it's things like that makes US feel we are not normal can't even enjoy our self with out suffering for it but I will not give up my social life it's not often I feel like going out so when I do feel like it going to make the most of it x

Thread Information