Hi friends!

Some of you may remember me - I was a regular here for a few years because of my daily battle with HA.

My biggest fear was a blood clot and in November last year, I developed a clot in my arm. I thought my world was about to end. Never did I think that this may have been the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I was pushed by a family friend to see her GP that is now practising as a counsellor/psychologist. My family and husband were at their wits end with me having tried time and time again for me to see someone. I had seen people before but they never felt 'right'. I had tried CBT in the past and it seemed just too hard.

Well my life has changed. The lady I see just talks to me. We have no set agenda - she seems more like my friend then a doctor. She calms me, relaxes me and just talks sense to me.

I have started taking Lexapro for the second time (the first time being unsucessful as believe it or not my anxiety was just too high. It has made the world of difference to my recovery. It has made it easier, less stressful and has made me calmer.

I no longer feel like I am on edge. I was functioning on such high levels of anxiety that my doctor was astounded. Something that we all do!

I no longer feel like I am neglecting my children. My 4 year old who was born after I developed my health anxiety is now much closer to me then she ever was.

So, why am I telling you all this?? Don't give up!! If something doesn't work try it again. Try it with someone else. Take a break and try it again. Let people help you, and just believe in yourself. You won't realise the high state of anxiety and depression you are in, it makes it so hard to get better.

But please, none of you give up because it is worth it. YOU are worth it.

And the feeling of 'normalcy' is something you will be able to taste in your mouths. xxxxx