Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scared by scan results

scared by scan results

Me and hubby went to hospital today as over weekend felt awful with chest pains. They said xray i had was showing abnormality on lungs has really scared me now they asked if i smoked i said not much now. Ive come away with antibiotics but worried now bout having something

Re: scared by scan results

What did they suggest? Any follow up?

Anx are you dealing with your HA? You must be so down and exhausted with fear due to all the tests and worrying.

I'm sure that you were given anti biotics due to an infection, and that they asked if you were a smoker because it's standard (health) practice to ask that question. There are lots of anomalies that X-rays etc can show, and most are not deadly.

Yes im so tired of all these tests and not getting dianoigsed couldnt believe they said my xray showed an abnormality. Im fearing cancer now cos i have smoked not lately but before my kids. Thanks for your kind words i feel worn down by pain and questions over my health yeh he thought i had an infection so on antibiotics. My anx is sky high really had enough

Anx - besides the meds what else did they say? Come back for more tests, or we're referring you or?

They always ask if you're a smoker. Are you being treated for the anxiety?

anx mum,

I'm actually on a break from this board but just wanted to drop you a quick note while I was here.

You've had so many tests previously that anything like cancer would have been picked up. You've got an infection. They asked if you smoked because such infections are so common in anyone who has ever smoked.

Darling, you need to get some help for your anxiety. You seem a nervous, scared wreck. I bet the pains you have would be perfectly manageable if they didn't make you so scared. You are missing out on so much time, time you could be spending having fun with your children and husband or doing things you like. You HAVE to get help sweetheart. Anxiety is your main illness.

I hope your chest infection (because that is all it is) clears soon x

Let me tell u if they suspected lung cancer you'd have had a ct scan that day , and I know because my step dad got rushed in with chest pain and they told him there and then they thought it was lung cancer and he had a ct scan , which showed modules , they told him 99% was cancer and also a chest infection, he had to go back for a biopsy only to be told allModules had gone and it was infection, so honestly don't worry they wouldn't just send you away with antibiotics if they were concerned x

If they thought you had C, they would not be sending you home with antibiotics.

Unfortunately, it is standard and flippant medical speak to mention 'abnormality', but this does not automatically mean 'serious'.

Many year ago I had bronchitis and ended up admitted for it due to my asthma flaring up. I had a chest x-ray and they told me I had a shadow and a collapsed airway, which freaked me out big time, but it basically meant infection in the lung.

'Abnormailty' is simply a broad term meaning something you shouldn't have there, in your case meaning 'infection'. I am certain that if they suspected something else, they would not send you home none the wiser or that day.

Get well soon.

Thanks for your help, yeh do feel like im going mad my hubby took me to hospital today and didnt expect to hear there was anything was on scan so was abit shocked i think with anything i always think the worse and its got worse since i lost my mum. My anx level is sky high. I love my kids so much i guess thats why im so worried. If antibiotics clear it up its infection if not i guess further tests.

Quote Originally Posted by anx mum View Post
    T its got worse since i lost my mum......I love my kids so much i guess thats why im so worried.
    I am sorry to hear about your Mum. I know what it's like to lose somebody - in truth, some of my own experiences with loss contributed massively to the health anxiety I am currently trying to recover from.

And while being a Mother is a wonderful thing for me, it's kind of scary when you have health anxiety, isn't it? To have these little beings so dependent on you, to have such a wonderful reason to live...and yet being scared, so very scared, that you wont be allowed to see them grow, that they'll have to live without your love and support......it used to keep me awake at night.

But honey, the good news is you can get better. You really really can.

This really is just a chest infection - at the absolute worst, a bit of pleurisy caused by a previous chest infection which can be painful and a pain in the ass, but nothing to worry about.

Can you get some help from your GP for your panic and anxiety issues?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information