Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blood test results - thought i was ok but now i'm not

Re: Blood test results - thought i was ok but now i'm not

Quote Originally Posted by livethelife View Post
    I have been posting on here the last couple of days about my fears about bone cancer. i had blood work done last Friday - got the call back to see the doctor but receptionist told me that the only issue was that my vit d was low. ok no problem. i saw her and she told me to start taking 2000 iu of vitamin d.

i asked her straight out if she thought i had bone cancer. she said that the blood work wasn't showing anything strange that indicated that. wbc/rbc etc all normal. kidney function is normal. also she asked me if my pain (I have a spot in my spine that hurts and another near my collarbone) is constant or if it comes and goes - i told her that it comes and goes - she indicated that this was a good sign and said that bone cancer pain just gets worse and worse and doesn't typically let up much.

all good. so why am i freaking out again. well....the more i looked at the results the more i didn't like the look of my c reactive protein results. i remembered reading something about crp and multiple myeloma - that it is elevated when you have mm. so my crp is 3.97 and the reference range is
    0-8. so i am right in the middle but i think this is higher than what she normally sees. she said it is likely because I have had a couple of colds lately - and of course i'm thinking well yeah the reason i have had a couple of colds is because i have cancer!!

so i am back on the treadmill again - i guess i will need to book another appt with her - maybe get her to do some more extensive blood work or i may just try to put it behind me, bearing in mind i am in the middle of the reference range and see how i feel.

now i am confused and frustrated again. that was the shortest lived celebration i have ever had. it only lasted a couple of hours and now i am back worrying again.

:((
    This post is truly indicative of HA. Fear, test, reassurance, doubt, fear, another test etc. Truly, one must be treated for the root of the issue to break the cycle.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Other people have said much the same, but you've really answered yourself in your post. The kind of cancer you're worried about shows as high CRP. Your CRP is bang in the middle of the reference range, therefore not 'high'!

Today I have made an appt with a psychologist - I will start seeing her next week.

Also something that was news to me as of today - I had never really thought about it.

It seems that HA is a form of OCD. it makes sense really but I had never thought of it before. But when I think of the way my mind works it is very obsessive and runs things over and over again.

I had a bit of a rough day running things over in my mind but tonight my mind was fully consumed with helping my son with homework for a couple of hours . I totally forgot about all of this and don't remember feeling any pain during this time so that was a good thing.

Also I had a good run/ walk on the treadmill today for 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by livethelife View Post
    Today I have made an appt with a psychologist - I will start seeing her next week...... but tonight my mind was fully consumed with helping my son with homework for a couple of hours . I totally forgot about all of this and don't remember feeling any pain during this time so that was a good thing. Also I had a good run/ walk on the treadmill today for 30 minutes.
    Way to go!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know that i need to keep busy - this morning i stayed in bed too long and started thinking about the places where my body has pain - with the worst spots being in the centre of my chest and ribs. last night i was feeling great but now i am anxious again.

i still have not been eating and i have lost 5 lbs in the last week. i am eating small amounts but really nothing is appealing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information