I have been posting on here the last couple of days about my fears about bone cancer. i had blood work done last Friday - got the call back to see the doctor but receptionist told me that the only issue was that my vit d was low. ok no problem. i saw her and she told me to start taking 2000 iu of vitamin d.

i asked her straight out if she thought i had bone cancer. she said that the blood work wasn't showing anything strange that indicated that. wbc/rbc etc all normal. kidney function is normal. also she asked me if my pain (I have a spot in my spine that hurts and another near my collarbone) is constant or if it comes and goes - i told her that it comes and goes - she indicated that this was a good sign and said that bone cancer pain just gets worse and worse and doesn't typically let up much.

all good. so why am i freaking out again. well....the more i looked at the results the more i didn't like the look of my c reactive protein results. i remembered reading something about crp and multiple myeloma - that it is elevated when you have mm. so my crp is 3.97 and the reference range is
0-8. so i am right in the middle but i think this is higher than what she normally sees. she said it is likely because I have had a couple of colds lately - and of course i'm thinking well yeah the reason i have had a couple of colds is because i have cancer!!

so i am back on the treadmill again - i guess i will need to book another appt with her - maybe get her to do some more extensive blood work or i may just try to put it behind me, bearing in mind i am in the middle of the reference range and see how i feel.

now i am confused and frustrated again. that was the shortest lived celebration i have ever had. it only lasted a couple of hours and now i am back worrying again.

:((