Thread: Fear of becaming psychotic!

Fear of becaming psychotic!

I have read that women usually get psychosis,schizophrenia in their late 20's and early 30's.
    It doesn't help my case because I will have 28 year for about 4 months. Usually women after 35 don't get it,it happens but it's rare. So I'm scared I will have fear of going crazy for the next 7 years and in that time my thinking will come true.Can thinking of going crazy make you go crazy?

I have heard that schizophrenic people don't realize that they are crazy, and how the most saddest moments in psychiatric history are those when they became aware of EVERYTHING and became normal again, but for a very short time! It is so,so scary and sad thing that I have ever read.
    What if one day I realize that I'am in hospital and then again I lost touch with reality ?

How people cope with the fear of going crazy? If I stop fearing ,maybe that mean I'm going crazy, it's scary to think that one who lost touch with reality doesn't recognize it, so how can I be sure that I'am really normal and relax in my life?
    Maybe it's better if people know when they are going crazy,then if they don't realize it. I don't know what is worst of these two or what is the real truth.

Can someone who know it better answer to me?

Re: Fear of becaming psychotic!

Can I ask where you got that information from? I've heard that if anybody were to develop schizophrenia it often presents itself much earlier in one's life, late teens to early twenties. But I could be wrong.

Developing schizophrenia or having psychosis is very rare. I have never met somebody who has anxiety or depression that develops into psychosis. It's one of those things that is it not worth fearing about. And not fearing does not mean you are going 'crazy', not fearing means you have a clear perception of the situation, and maybe control. We all have fears and we wouldn't be human if we didn't fear something, whether it's losing your job or your partner. It is very normal to fear, but a fear of going 'mad' needs to be controlled, otherwise it will interfere with your life.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

I need to comment on this issue as I myself when on the verge of severe anxiety have thoughts of being totally out of control and that I may indeed go over the edge and sometimes feel as though i need to run to the nearest physco ward to be sedated. But again I pull through and come out of this state , the fear that I experience is awful and wonder if there will one day be a tipping point... I really hope not.

Hey Rennie,thank you for your repaly.

I googled "onset of schizophrenia in women" it is said in most articles,that occurs in late 20's or early 30's in women usually. And I'am 27 right now,lol

You mean if I think too much about going mad,I can get higer level of anxiety which can interfere in my life (like I will live in fear with no reason) , but no go really mad?

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by retter View Post
    and sometimes feel as though i need to run to the nearest physco ward to be sedated. But again I pull through and come out of this state , the fear that I experience is awful and wonder if there will one day be a tipping point... I really hope not.
    You are the same as me,at least keep in mind you are not alone in this fear

Nela

just to know that i am not the only one that feels this way is of great relief.. I wish neither of us felt this and i hope you feel ok and can keep your head above water. All the best to you..

If you live in constant fear then, yes, it will increase your anxiety because you'll be in a constant state of alert. We live in an age where this is not necessary and if this state remains for too long it will cause high anxiety. Your body can't keep a guard forever. And no, it won't make you go 'mad' otherwise.

Also, no more googling! Just because some articles say that most women develop schizophrenia in that age bracket does not mean that you will get it. Many stories I've read regarding schizophrenia are people who were diagnosed as a child up to late teens so there is no guarantee that you will develop it, now or at all.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Retter, thank you for kind words, I truly hope you will be better too and never give up.

Rennie, thank's. I feel better now,if my fear come again,I will read again and again your messages.
    You are right, no more googling,I got many fears after I read fears of other people,so I got them too. I was more normal before internet,lol.
    Much Regards to you and thank's for spending your free time to answer on my worries.

Thread Information