Thread: 5HTP

5HTP

I went into Holland and Barretts today, and the very helpful lady in there has suggested I try 5HTP (it's on offer at the moment £4.99 for 60 instead of £14.99!).

I have thought of using this in the past, but was previously taking SJW and know that the 2 shouldn't be combined.

She tells me that it should help improve my mood, plus can help weight reduction, help stop the comfort eating!

It all sounds worth a try - just wondered if anyone else had had any success?

I just wanted to update this post. I've been taking these for just over a week now. My mood has lightened considerably, but I don't know if that is coincidence as I was starting to feel a bit better before I started them.

However, I would say at the moment that I am far more relaxed than I have been, I'm only eating when I'm hungry and I'm not as hungry as I sometimes am, and generally (touch wood) I'm feeling really good; positive and happy.

As I've had no replies to the original post, I guess there is no one on here that is taking them, so I'll keep you updated with my progress.

I do tend to get bouts of anxiety followed by a couple of weeks when I feel more like my old self, so it'll be interesting to see whether the 5HTP will help or not.

Hi there

I found this other post too...
    [Link removed invalid url]

Glad it is helping you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

thinking of trying 'anxiety relief'. This has st johns wort and 5HTP in it, should these two be mixed. Would appreciate any advice on this and has anyone tried it?

I have read conflicting information about this!

When I asked in Holland and Barretts, they said NOT to mix the two as they basically do the same job in a different way (by balancing serotonin sp???).

But I read a book written by a nutritional therapist that recommended taking both.

I've never tried, to be honest, but if they are combined in a product, then I would imagine it would be safe.

I have had benefits from both (at different times).

dazed and confused and ckirkby25

I started a thread about this not so long ago, the general advise seems to be NOT to take them together. My thread is here :

St John's Wort and 5-HTP together ?

I even contacted the online supplier that I had bought both from and because I had already started SJW, they advised me to send back the 5-HTP for a refund !!

Dave

Hi

Try here for 5-HTP, SJW and various other suppliments, I have always used them and their quality is excellent, not to mention their prices compared to most High Street outlets. Plus, they are a UK company.

http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?...6890&g=1076202

Regards
    Dave

Thread Information