Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips on reducing acid please?

Re: Tips on reducing acid please?

Quote Originally Posted by MissSunshine View Post
    I am being tested for H pylori next week and my acid is really bad the past couple of days after coming off meds for it a week ago, I have to be off meds for 2 weeks for the test to come back accurate so anything mediation is a no no but how am I going to cope? the acid is so bad im feeling sick all day i keep coughing up yellow phlegm can feel the acid in my throat and even in my belly as it feels like its burning. :( i didn't have dinner last night because i felt so sick,

so any natural home remedies for acid reflux please? xxxx
    I have this too, docs say I have IBS :(

Well the main tips I have been given off family and the doctor (and just from experience) is to avoid caffeine and alcohol if you can, also things like chocolate, spicy food, etc, the usual stuff.

Honey can be quite good at soothing the throat and sort of acts like a natural gaviscon type remedy because of it's consistency (Just speaking from experience again).

Also, don't eat or drink three hours before bed and try to lie with more pillows behind you etc. Also, I know this may sound weird but sometimes during the day eating an apple calms mine down, I'm not sure why, but something to try.

Hope any of this helps. I know acid is just so flippin' horrible so I feel for you. If I remember anything else I'll post again.

Aloe Vera Juice,Liquorice and Camomile tea are all worth trying.
    Ginger Tea will help with the nausea if you can drink it.

Clarisse

Did you get the course of anti-biotics to clear the H Pylori. It doesn't work all the time and the prescription is a bit expensive.

Avoid citrus, tomatoes, have a glass of water before a meal and another about half hour after works for me.

I have IBS too i forgot to mention, its hard picking foods that wont irritate my tummy now what with the acid reflux too :(

Apple juice seemed to help me last time..

I haven't had the test yet for the H pylori, what happens if the anti biotics do not work beth? x

Thank you all for your comments helped me alot I've taken everything on board xx

Quote Originally Posted by MissSunshine View Post
    I have IBS too i forgot to mention, its hard picking foods that wont irritate my tummy now what with the acid reflux too :(

Apple juice seemed to help me last time..

I haven't had the test yet for the H pylori, what happens if the anti biotics do not work beth? x

Thank you all for your comments helped me alot I've taken everything on board xx
    Let us know how you get on, as a fellow IBS sufferer it would be good to share tips

Hey Miss Sunshine, often the cause of acid reflux is actually too little stomach acid, not too much. I had this problem and have got rid of it through changing my diet. I just found this Mercola article that could help explain it and gives you some tips on how to deal with it http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-too-much.aspx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information