Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i just want a friend......

i just want a friend......

Hello my names Kirsten. Im 23 and since i was 14 ive suffered with anxiety.
    Last year my anxiety got so bad i couldnt leave my flat, so i have been stuck inside for a little over a year. This has resulted in me losing all my friends, and my family rarely come to visit as they have their own lives , so as you can imagine im really lonely. So im just hiping ro maybe meet people on here who maybe want to talk to me, maybe share some similar experiences? Anything really. I go months without speaking to a human so it would be nice to have some regular contact with somebody.

Hope to hear from someone soon, kirsten xxx

Re: i just want a friend......

Hey Kirsten, there is always someone on here to say hi to and most of them have an idea of how you feel as they are going through there own struggles as am I in my own anxiety. Have you tried accessing a group in your area that sends out befrienders to your home, they may be able to help you to make sense of how you feel. pp xx

Hi Kirsten. I'm agoraphobic too and I know what it's like. I'd be happy to chat with you.

Hi purple pie, aw well im looking forward to speaking to a few people on here. No never geard of anything like that, i did have a therapist come see me once a week but after the sessions ran out that was it xxx

Hi nullandvoid, thanks for getting in touch! Id love to chat with you PM me anytime xxx

Hi Kirsten...I can understand where you are right now. I was agoraphobic for over a year...through my own self determination and medication I am now able to leave the house..I still suffer with anxiety everyday..if you need someone to talk to..I am here xx

Hi elly thanks for the message. How did u manage to get out aftet being in for so long? Have you got any tips for me? Xxx

Hi Kirsten

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat. Are you getting support in terms of meds or cbt?

X

hi Lizzie, thank you

ive had loads of cbt throughout the years im currently on the waiting list for some more and have been on paroxatine for around 5 years now , im waiting for my doctor to take me off them as they arnt working xxx

Do you think you'd be able to get to a support group if there were one? Anxiety is so hard to beat, but take lots of small steps and you'll get there. Are you able to get out at all?

no i dont think so , no i cant go out at all :( its just frustrating , i had a few sessions of cbt this year but then they ran out, so now i have to wait 40 weeks for more xxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information