Thread: Third attempt at medication! Dreading it!

Third attempt at medication! Dreading it!

So I've been prescribed my third batch of medication after the last two batches were unsuccessful , the first citilopram made me manic and more anxious and I had an allergic reaction to venlafaxine! So now I'm going to have a crack with sirtraline! I've had the meds since Friday but cannot bring myself to take one:( . The last episode with venlafaxine left me so shaken that it's put me off meds for good! I know I need to try as I'm just not coping on my own, no manner of self help books or online therapy is doing the job. :(

Re: Third attempt at medication! Dreading it!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken-doll View Post
    So I've been prescribed my third batch of medication after the last two batches were unsuccessful , the first citilopram made me manic and more anxious and I had an allergic reaction to venlafaxine! So now I'm going to have a crack with sirtraline! I've had the meds since Friday but cannot bring myself to take one:( . The last episode with venlafaxine left me so shaken that it's put me off meds for good! I know I need to try as I'm just not coping on my own, no manner of self help books or online therapy is doing the job. :(
    i went a bit manic on citalopram but found sertraline very easy to take,just tell yourself its a vitamin and try and forget about side effects.The more you think about them the worse they will be.
    good luck

What happened with the venlafaxine?

In my experience I found Sertraline quite a 'nervy' drug as in it can make you a tad more anxious the first week or two of treatment. However it is nowhere near as evil as Citalopram.

Highly unlikely that you would be alergic to two different drugs and Sertraline is a different family of drug than Venlafaxine. (SSRI vs SNRI).

I've taken one and so far so good! The venlafaxine was sheer evil for me, had an allergic reaction which resulted in an overnight stay in hospital! The citilopram sent me a bit manic! I suppose it's all trial and error, but like most anxiety sufferers I have a ridiculous fear of meds which may initially heighten the anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken-doll View Post
    I've taken one and so far so good! The venlafaxine was sheer evil for me, had an allergic reaction which resulted in an overnight stay in hospital! The citilopram sent me a bit manic! I suppose it's all trial and error, but like most anxiety sufferers I have a ridiculous fear of meds which may initially heighten the anxiety.
    So how is it going on the sertraline now ?

Thread Information