Thread: Breast worries :(

Breast worries :(

Hi all,

I am new here. Have had health anxiety for a long time but have felt quite good for a long time now until this :/

I am 33 and mum to 3 children the youngest only 9 weeks who I am breastfeeding.no history of breast cancers. Last march I had an ultrasound on my left breast as I developed. A sort of dip in it and skin dimpling. My gps didn't seem concerned and said it was due to lack of breast tissue in areas, past breastfeeding etc no lumps felt. Anyway after much persistence I was referred had normal ultrasound and told the dimpling was just in the skin and not due to an underlying issue.
    When I got pregnant the dimpling went as did
    The dip due to my breasts filling out so I felt much happier.
    Fast forward now since my baby was about 2 wks old I have noticed a lump sticking out when full with milk, thought was a duct that was just filling and emptying slowly then to my horror realised it was not going down just dropping back into the breast after feeding if I push all the breast up when empty the same lump will still stick out. I am
    So worried, been referred but having just rang the doctors the go only sent it off Friday! I saw her last Monday morning! The lump feels like a firm grape, not really hard and moves around. I can almost squeeze it between my fingers. Due to my anxiety I am paying to be seen privately at a one stop breast clinic tomorrow it's costing a lot but I am
    Going crazy with this worry. More so as it's the same
    Breast all the visual issues were on prior to pregnancy.
    Thanks for reading my ramble.. Any experiences/ reassurance xx

Re: Breast worries :(

Hi, I wouldn't know because I know nothing about breastfeeding and pregnancy but I do know strange things happen to your body when you're pregnant.

I would advice you to try and keep calm and don't over rationalise things, it could just be old milk? or a cyst? The good thing is if it moves around its more likely to be nothing serious, but then again I cant tell you for sure.

If you're worried its cancerous I think (don't quote me) a cancer is usually firm and not moveable.

But atleast you're getting it checked sooner rather than later, I wish you luck

Thanku. I ended up paying to go privately and was seen yesterday. The consultant felt nothing that concerned him. The lump wasn't showing at the time as I wasn't really full with milk so I pushed the area forward to show him. He said he would send me for an ultrasound and suspected either a galactocele. ( milk cyst) or just a normal breat lobule. The ultrasound showed nothing! No cyst all normal breast tissue. He says it is v glandular in that breast and it must be a more prominent lobule of tissue becoming visible with the milk. Big relief. I must try to relax with this and move on! X

I have the same thing! I'm so relieved to find this post. Where is your dip located? I breastfed my 2 year old for six months. My dip is the inside of my lower left breast on my aerola. I can only notice it at times but it's definitely different from my right. I go to the dr next week for my annual exam so I will ask then. I shouldn't google because every post automatically dimple=cancer!!! 😩

I am finding lumps every where and getting in a right mess. They found a cyst in my left breast on Monday which they have left but they didn ultrasound my right and now I am worried about that.

I HATE THIS!

Mine is about 2cm above my Areola in the centre, also looks dimpled in that area at times. At the moment my son is 5 months and since becoming pregnant with him it's not really visible as my breasts have filled out so I know if it comes back when I stop breastfeeding it's just a cosmetic thing. Try not to worry all the doctors I saw at my surgery were not in the slightest bit concerned I really had I push for a referral. They said its when the skin is tethered its a concern xx

Thread Information