Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm having a blip

I'm having a blip

I have been back to the doctors today. I was in a muddle and thought I was going for a blood test. I have been feeling low for about a month now. I am always trying to rationalise it but I have given in and admitted to my low and morbid feelings. My GP was brilliant and offered me short term CBT which I refused. I just don't feel motivated at the moment to do the homework. I have spent the weekend on and off in tears and I don't feel as if I have achieved anything much. My son rings the bells at Church and was ringing them half muffled yesterday. This had me in floods of tears (spooky bells) as he calls it. My GP identified problems that are not my problems as I tend to overload myself with other peoples problems. We talked about a medication change but that would involve a visit to see my consultant and also I wouldn't feel better straight away it would take time if my meds were changed. If things get worse then that is what I will do. EJ

Re: I'm having a blip

I'm so sorry you are feeling so low right now, EJ.

You are a great support to so many people on this site, and you deserve support in return. It takes time that is right for you, and space to work through how you are feeling right now, and how you feel you are able and want to deal with things be it meds or therapy, but please know that you are not alone and any time you need an ear, I for one am here.xxx

EJ so sorry to hear that you are not feeling great.

If you don't have the energy at the moment I can totally understand you not taking up the offer of CBT.

Give yourself some time to feel better and take it from there.

Hugs to you hun and keep us posted as to how things are going.

Elen

I'm in a similar situation at the moment. I hope you feel better soon. Do you think counselling would be beneficial at all, or no?

I am having some very bad morbid thoughts which I need to get on top of. My hypnotherapist is also full up to the New Year. It was helpful talking things through with my GP. I have forced myself to go swimming tonight and one of my swimming friends guessed I was depressed. The mornings are very difficult so I need to get as much done the night before. I don't really want to do anything which is very naughty as I need to keep occupied. I'll think about seeing Dr J but being a psychiatrist and lovely though he is will want to prescribe something for me. I can't go up anymore with the mirtazapine 45mg and lithium is 1,000mg but he has always threatened other medications into the mix. I'm not unduly anxious at the moment just the morbid thoughts which would respond to CBT. Thank you all for your support it means a lot to me. EJ

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nphillips2 View Post
    I'm in a similar situation at the moment. I hope you feel better soon. Do you think counselling would be beneficial at all, or no?
    Dear nphillps I have received a lot of counselling in the past. I will wait for my hypnotherapist to have a free slot. EJ

Smile Re: I'm having a blip

Sorry to hear you are not your self, be kind to yourself and take care

Believe with all your heart that you will do what you were made to do
    Orison Swett Marden

Sending you loads of love and hugs EJ. Sorry 2 hear things are so bad for you.

sorry to hear your going through rough time of it, hope you will start to feel better soon. sending you lots of hugs:

Sorry to hear EJ that you having a hard time,take some time out just for YOU,take care.
    Petra x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information