Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: coffee

coffee

Hi can someone help does coffee make anxiety worse I had two week coffees today and felt abit weird after it.

Joanna

Smile Re: coffee

Hi yes caffeine can make anxiety worse, I used to have about ten mugs a day but now have cut this to one and drink camomile tea the rest of the time, i had a strong coffee the other day and noticed the effect it had me, so it makes a big difference.

Believe with all your heart that you will do what you were made to do
    Orison Swett Marden

Re: coffee

Hi kim thanks for your advice I normally drink decaff coffee and im ok with that

I used to drink a lot of coffee and found that the caffeine was giving me palpatations which in turn was giving me increased anxiety. I have one cup in the morning and then switch to tea through out the rest of the day.

I stopped drinking coffee 2 months ago. I had a return of bad palpatations and anxiety, so decided to drop it immediately. So far, no more palpatations.

Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system. As anxiety sufferers all ready have an over sensitized nervous system it is best to avoid it as it will only increase anxiety.

I was pretty much scared off coffee when I had this really strong iced coffee and threw me into a full-blown panic attack. Now I only stick with light roast mixed with decaf.

Decaf coffee or tea is better for you xx

Yes! I went caffine free around the same time I went med free. I would drink a pot + coffee a day (truck driver! Lol). I am much more relaxed these days! Coffee is bad bad bad! Lol

The first week or so was rough, but after that you adjust and you don't miss it. I drink decaf now, cause I do like the taste. And hey, I can have a cup right before bed and still fall asleep!

I drink coffee 2 cups a day, I do not drink instant coffee so no decaf,I know it has effect with anxiety but I have not had any problem drinking it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information