Thread: help! can`t stop panicking!

help! can`t stop panicking!

My partner has just been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease and I am panicking. It's at level 3. What I want to know is whether with help with the gp whether it can move back down to level 2? Anyway since I heard about it she has become depressed and I don't know how to help her. In the mean time I'm getting panic attacks about her and my future. I don't know how to manage my panic attacks as well as helping her.

Re: help! can`t stop panicking!

Hi,

Although chronic kidney disease sounds horrendous it isnt as bad as it seems.

I have PKD ( Polycystic kidney disease ) it is a genetic condition where the kidney is gradually destroyed due to the development of cycts.

My mum, a lot of my cousins and aunties all have the condition also.

Dialysis is the first stef after the kidney function is compromised and then a transplant.

3 of my aunties and uncles have had transplants and 1 cousin. They are all entirely fine and one kidney has lasted over 25 years so far. My uncle with that kidney is 68 and perfectly well.

Kidney disease isnt great but is entirely managable and your life expectancy wont be affected.

Dont not worry, although the situation isnt great your husband isnt going to die, today, tomorrow or in 10 years.

The medical field for kidney disease has progressed massively in the last 20 years.

My auntie gave my uncle a kidney and they were not a match which would have been impossible in years gone by. They were the first people in europe to do this. This was about 5/6 years ago and both are great.

Thread Information