Thread: 25mg of sertraline

25mg of sertraline

Hi everyone,

I have a question.

I have been on 25mg of Sertraline for almost a year now, I took it after I'd been taking citalopram for years (I tried to come off it and the panic relapsed...) so i got switched to sert.

I was initially supposed to go up to 50mg but I never did, I was having cbt at the beginning of the year which helped massively.

25mg also gave me side effects initially so thats why i never went up. I seem to be OK on it..

I'm wondering, does anyone else find 25mg is enough for a therapeutic dose? Sometimes I wonder will i feel better on 50mg as I still do get a bit panicky from time to time, where as I never did when I was on citalopram when it was working properly!

Re: 25mg of sertraline

remember meds effect everyone differently, I was on 50mg of sert it wasn't enough so im now on 100mg it seems to be working no real side effects apart from being very tired ,it be worth you having a chat to yout gp see what they think good luck

Hi...

I've been on 25mg for over a month now I think? It's helped to take the edge off things, but I still feel a little anxious now and then.

I've also been wondering if I should go up to 50mg or not. I thought perhaps I could handle things, and work on my issues... but today has been a bad day. I've been obsessing over some things again. I wish it would all just go away, and if I go up on meds, am sure it would help more - but then I worry I'll never fix the actual problems because I'd feel okay. This is why I went off the meds in Feb - and had a relapse.

x

It will be sunny, one day.

I was on 50 felt ok much less depressed but still anxious ,i went down to 25mg and felt less anxiousI am now off sert and feels loads better.I will say though it did help with depression but overall my anxiety is far better without the meds

I started my sertraline yesterday and to be very honest my husband does not want me to take it anymore as he saw I was bad yesterday with the side effects. Honestly I dont know what to do now:(

Thread Information