Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: week 2 of sertraline

week 2 of sertraline

Today I hit the 2 week mark on Zoloft/Sertraline. I feel awful. Woke up very anxious, sad and nauseous. I feel like crying. I prayed to God last night that I would die in my sleep.
    I took Clonazepam to go to school hoping it would help me, I felt good for about an hour and then again jittery and wanting to cry.... Hopless. I think I feel worse since I started taking this medication.

Re: week 2 of sertraline

Spoke to Dr on the phone and he wants me to increase dose to 100mg, but I don't know, if 50mg made me feel more anxious depressed, I would hate to see what 100mg will do to me. I will try it. My doctor thinks that it will calm me down. Honestly, I don't know. I will try tomorrow and see what happens to me

In my humble opinion, you should start slow - because yes - we ALL feel horrible for the first few weeks as our mind adjusts to the meds. Anxiety does go up, a lot...

If I were you, I would have started at 25mg, then up to 50mg once the 25mg settled. And then up to 75mg, and then 100mg... etc.

But give it a try. Maybe it will help you. And if it doesn't, you can always go back down to 50mg.

Just remember that it's only anxiety - that the meds are safe. So try not to be too scared. And be gentle with yourself. Good luck!

It will be sunny, one day.

I can't give any advice on the dosages because I started on 50mg and have only ever been on 50mg, but I can say don't give up yet! I think it is very, very common to feel worse before you feel better when taking these medications, but the side-effects WILL diminish and you should find that it does start to help.
    I am on day 34 now and I know for certain that it is working, so it was definitely worth enduring the initial adjustment period. I know it is scary, but hang on in there. *sends you a comforting hug*

HI everyone, so I was terrified but I did take the 100 mg in the morning and after that I felt super calm. I went to school and felt great, wonderful! Calm and awake, able to pay attention, not tired, not nauseous and with poor appetite. I had a moment where I though I was going to get a panic attack but it dissolved. I ended the day great. The following morning I woke up without the anxiety that I normally get got ready went to school again, felt great and around mid morning started feeling anxious. I then had peaks of panic attacks from 11am pretty much until 4pm. I took clonazepam but did nothing. I tried to take a nap to tune out and I would dose off and wake up in panic, so I got up. I don't get it!! Yesterday I felt so normal. I had not felt like that in months!! I though: if I could feel like this everyday life would be wonderful. Life can be so cruel!!!

I have not been on zoloft but when I initially went on citalopram it took about a month for the panic to ease up enough to really notice. It was small steps along the say, I noticed small achievements were met without anxiety but the feeling of being "normal" too a couple of months in total. Hang in there, side effects can be awful but it's worth it when you find something that helps.

Hi I've just increased my Sert... and this always happen:

On the day - I feel good. Calm. Happy.

2nd day - I feel anxious again.

But it will pass. Keep going!

It will be sunny, one day.

hey what triggers your anxiety?

Ally: wow!! That's really good to know! I though that was so weird that I felt great and then horrible the next day!

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

Kahi, my anxiety has gone through different triggers throughout the years.
    First it was fear of a heart attack, then fear of a brain tumor or a stroke.
    Then it switched to fear of going crazy and hurting someone I love, fear of hurting myself, fear of being alone.
    Currently it is fear of the anxiety itself, fear of becoming so depressed and anxious that I will not be able to function and work, go to school, take care of my children, fear of feeling so bad that I will become suicidal, fear that I will never get better, fear of medications: that the antidepressant will make me worse or crazy and fear that the antianxiety medication will make me become addicted or that it will not work and that I will have a horrible panic and anxiety that will last forever everyday non stop until I can no longer take it. I was good and normal for 2 years and relapsed due to marital problems that made me feel really stressed. Right now my hubby and I are working things out and it is better but I am stuck on the panic loop now which is hard to get out of....

Today is day 18 on Zoloft: 14 days on 50mg and 4 days on 100mg.
    Yesterday I felt ok, no anxiety, no sadness, was able to study all day and concentrate, had energy, slept great. Didn't need to take any clonazepam at all.
    This morning I woke up and I had a little anxiety on my chest but not too bad, went to church and I felt sad. I still feel sadness mixed with a low grade anxiety. I just feel like a heaviness on my chest... I am going to take a clonazepam and see if it helps because I have to study and be able to concentrate. Sometimes when I have really low grade anxiety it feels like sadness. At times it is very hard for me to distinguish whether I feel anxious or extremely sad.... This is my update so far. I figure this is like a daily journal to keep tract of my moods....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information