Thread: xmas fears of being on my own

xmas fears of being on my own

xmas is fast approaching and i am getting scared of being in my own company all through the so called festive period. it was bad enough with my last partner and i used to cry during the time, but now i find im terrified at the thought of only myself here.
    i suffer from P T S D, and only my councellers really know the depth of my reasons, so it is too soon to try singles holidays, or even dating sites, plus i am over 60 now, and i have just broken up a new short relationship, because it was all too soon and my situation is still raw.
    any body who can share my thoughts would be gratful, just so i know i am not the only one in the world who has these fears.

Re: xmas fears of being on my own

I'm sure you are not the only one

You're not the only one. I'll be alone too, so am going to treat myself. I'm going to buy myself presents (including fab pyjamas and thick socks, gorgeous bubble bath, etc), which i will even wrap! I'll open them in bed in the morning, take my dog to the beach, then spend the day by the fire. I'm also getting a real tree which I'll plant in the garden later. Do the same! And log on here and say hello!! Then next year, we may not be alone, and we'll look back on this year fondly when our partners start getting on our nerves!!! x

Hey that sounds a great idea! Treating and pampering yourself is defo a pick me up.
    I will prob be getting stressed and end up shouting at partner, I'm glad when the dinner is over then I can relax,bath,tv and maybe glass of wine!

Thread Information