Thread: Chest pain/arm pain/heart worries

Chest pain/arm pain/heart worries

This anxiety is really crippling me at t he moment. I have been getting sharp chest pains underneath my left breast, pains in my left armpit that spread down into my fingers, back pain, dizziness, nausea, pelvic pain, lower back pain and a constant dull ache in my chest.

I haven't been to the doctor because I know I'll be told it's anxiety. I'm sure it is anxiety and I'm trying to keep my realistic head on about this but it's really difficult when there are so many physical symptoms.

I've had this for over 3 years now and it's exhausting. It's got to the point now where I panic while driving and if I'm driving down a road where I can't easily pull over or stop, I work myself up into a frenzy and worry about what woudl happen if I suddenly have a heart attack and die and cause a crash.

I know it's all irrational and I do listen to reason but this chest pain in particular is really bothering me :(

Re: Chest pain/arm pain/heart worries

Lou if you're not being treated for anxiety disorder please ensure that you return to you doctors and start treatment. There's no more need for you to live a tortured, exhausted life than there is for you to put up with a huge headache without ever reaching for paracetamol.

In the event something I say looks off kilter or I've made a spelling mistake it's not me, it's my iPad. Auto-correct is a damn nuisance and I'm too lazy to get upright and sit at my desktop computer

Hi
    I've been suffering very similar symptoms for past 5 or so weeks. I have seen my Dr about it and he reckons its anxiety and muscular. Nothing that I need to worry myself more than I have ! I guess its difficult to accept that from standing in his room for just 5 minutes with shirt off, but then if I wasnt a HA sufferer I would have accepted it without question. I'm sure the slightest twinge or sound from someone's body with HA is magnified 10 fold by the brain.

Not much help to you I know, but at least you know that you're not alone with those type symptoms.

I've had anxiety treatment before :( I was on citalopram then prozac, I received CBT therapy, had anxiety group treatment sessions, counselling sessions. The counselling sessions worked but I can't afford to go back to her. The only other thing that works is relaxation videos on YouTube which I listen to every day without fail.

It would just be nice to have one day wthout symptoms or worrying about dropping dead :(

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

the chest pain is shooting down from under my left breast to my stomach :( it's been doing this all day

Could it be like a pinched nerve thing? I've had that shooting stab of pain in the past and was confirmed I had indeed a trapped/pinched nerve. Evidently it was from nothing more than vigorously scrubbing teeth one evening! Things like that do take ages to heal properly and every now and again I still get it.

I don't know but all aftenroon I've been getting sharp shooting pains under my left rib cage and I have a constant ache in my left/centre part of the abdomen :( i don't want to ring the doctor or go to a&e.

I have to drive home in a minute and i'm petrified

Thread Information