Thread: Blood in phlegm

Unhappy Blood in phlegm

Here we go again....

Every cold is cancer, every pain is a tumor...so fed up with my nonsense.

But in the moment of fear, I can't fight it. And right now, I am in that moment of fear. I can't concentrate on anything else.

My family and I have had colds with bad coughs for almost a month now...my littlest and I have been sick for a month tomorrow, my husband and middle son for about 2 weeks and my oldest for about 1 week. We have had varying symptoms, but the cough is affecting us all, some worse than others.

Yesterday, I seemed to take a turn for the worse and my nose was all stuffed up. I have terrible post-nasal drip and a hacking cough (cough used to be really wet and yucky but for the most part now, is dry with some mucous here and there). This morning, I coughed up some yellow/beige phlegm with a tiny spot of orange. Of course, now I am fixated and have coughed up a tiny, tiny streak of blood, which I analyzed and have been panicking about.

I am a smoker (stupid cow) and am convinced I am dying now. I don't have a bloody nose or any blood at all when I blow my nose. The sensible side of me says, "You have been coughing for a month now, you've probably irritated your throat and that's where the TINY bit of blood is from!" But, the stupid health anxiety side says, "Plan your funeral, it's lung cancer."

I have no trouble breathing and no pain, except on the sides of my throat/neck that feels like muscle ache (from all the coughing maybe?)

Someone talk me off the ledge. Tell me I'm being ridiculous, will you?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Blood in phlegm

Quote Originally Posted by MyThreeSons2007 View Post
    Here we go again....

Every cold is cancer, every pain is a tumor...so fed up with my nonsense.

But in the moment of fear, I can't fight it. And right now, I am in that moment of fear. I can't concentrate on anything else.

My family and I have had colds with bad coughs for almost a month now...my littlest and I have been sick for a month tomorrow, my husband and middle son for about 2 weeks and my oldest for about 1 week. We have had varying symptoms, but the cough is affecting us all, some worse than others.

Yesterday, I seemed to take a turn for the worse and my nose was all stuffed up. I have terrible post-nasal drip and a hacking cough (cough used to be really wet and yucky but for the most part now, is dry with some mucous here and there). This morning, I coughed up some yellow/beige phlegm with a tiny spot of orange. Of course, now I am fixated and have coughed up a tiny, tiny streak of blood, which I analyzed and have been panicking about.

I am a smoker (stupid cow) and am convinced I am dying now. I don't have a bloody nose or any blood at all when I blow my nose. The sensible side of me says, "You have been coughing for a month now, you've probably irritated your throat and that's where the TINY bit of blood is from!" But, the stupid health anxiety side says, "Plan your funeral, it's lung cancer."

I have no trouble breathing and no pain, except on the sides of my throat/neck that feels like muscle ache (from all the coughing maybe?)

Someone talk me off the ledge. Tell me I'm being ridiculous, will you?

Thanks in advance.
    If I'm not mistaken, you just told yourself

Feel Better!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi, with having a cough for so long you will have aggravated your throat. Totally normal, go see your GP and see if he can give you anything to get rid of your cold xx

Thumbs up Re: Blood in phlegm

Thank you. I will visit the doctor next week if I don't get better. I am slowly getting better, but not quick enough for my liking! I appreciate your reply very much.

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, you just told yourself

Feel Better!
    LOL! I guess you are right. Sometimes, just typing it out makes things better. Thanks for your response!

fishmanpa can you tell me how long you were coughing up blood plz and if its gome i had a bad cough still got it slightly have been coughing pink then red blood every morning for a weel so ill with worry and hope you feel better not its a real bad worry

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

sorry think mr message was meant for the first post cant get used to useing the site but would be greatful if anyone replys

Thread Information