Thread: Citalopram and what else...?

Citalopram and what else...?

in total, i've been on this 9 weeks... 4 weeks at 20mg then onto 30mg... its going ok, i see glimmers of it getting better which is brilliant of course... but still being "better" is just out of reach and it is frustrating!

my doctor has now suggested putting me forward for therapy alongside Citalopram... i'm nota believer in therapy BUT i know it works... so i'm in an arguement with myself here...

then i get anxious abotu the potential therapy... what will they ask? what do i have to say? will i need to just talke at them? Or will they ask all the right things to promt me for information? what if i get looked at like im mad and dont have a problem? HOW wil ltalking to someone help... will they jsut get things out of me, to releve the weight on my shoulders? will they talke to me about what to do with my life, like "to do" lists for my days etc etc....?

i want so much from this citalopram... and now its starting to take off hte edge.....i can see light at the end of the tunnel... its a long way off though.... *sigh*

Re: Citalopram and what else...?

Hi I've just started back on Citlopram this morning after a 3 year break (long story, don't worry, you don't neccessarily need to be on it forever). 5 years ago I was in panic mode all...the...time. I could barely leave the house. Started on citalopram and after a few months went and saw a psychologist. In the end I stopped seeing her because we had a bit of a clash about something but she was pretty good and while I was getting the therapy things completely changed for me.

I could go places, I started going to the gym, I had a life. It was wonderful. It remained that way for 3 years even though I went off the tablets after only 9 months (there was a particular incident that's set me back right now and I have IBS also which is a part of the mix). Therapy definitely helps. I plan to get more once I'm stabilized on the tablets again

Re: Citalopram and what else...?

thanks for the reply

I guess i'm just nervous maybe?! lol

i've never been a believer in the whole counselling thing, and struggle to understand how it will work.. maybe i'm rushing into it though and am not ready yet? I should perhaps wait until i'm feeling a bit better?

x

Thread Information