Thread: First Propranolol dose 1/2 hour ago

First Propranolol dose 1/2 hour ago

I'm trying hard not to freak out but I don't know what to expect. I can't tell how much of what I'm currently experiencing is the anxiety or the meds.

So far I keep getting tingling all over, especially round my eyes and legs. My arm is cramping and I have a really dry mouth.

Anyone who has been on these is this a normal reaction? I've been so terrified of taking them, and have even come to stay at my parents house for the night. I keep waiting for a bad reaction but I know that is only fuelling symptoms. Reassurance and information would be much appreciated right now. Thanks.

Re: First Propranolol dose 1/2 hour ago

I take 80mg propranolol I have never had a reaction like your saying, I think It sounds like your anxiety causing you to feel like that not the meds the only side effect I get is im really tired ,but everyone is different im sure you will be fine

I think it is anxiety. I have had 3 doses and I seem to be mostly fine apart from a headache and feeling tired.

Hi NessMonster, how did it go with the propranolol? I remember being incredibly nervous about first trying it (only a couple of months back). In fact it remained in my draw for like 2 weeks after prescription because I was too afraid to take it, ha. I can assure you its very safe though and the things you're feeling I too had at first as anxiety produces all these symptoms, though I expect you've found that out by now. It was very effective for me for anxiety and I wish I could have kept taking it but after a while I got tiredness and light headedness as a side effect which was too uncomfortable for me. hopefully it helps you.

Hi. I gave up on at after day 3 because the physical side was not something I could tolerate it very well and when I spoke to my doctor he said it was probably best to stop it. I asked him to write me a script for lorazapam as I know it works well for me, but he wasn't ok with that, so we compromised on diazepam (only 2mg) for a short time,(he wasn't particularly happy about it). I know it's only a temporary solution for now but right now I just needed some respite from anxiety. It's helping .

Thread Information