Hey guys. Mostly just need to vent and know I'll find sympathy here.

I suffered with IBS-d (severe) for 10 years. I lost 20kgs or so, was sick every day of my life, went and had all the usual testing done which all came back clear except for the fact that I permanently suffer from iron deficiency then all of a sudden about 6 years ago I quit smoking and my D stopped.

I had diarrhea only a couple of times in this 6 year time frame then a month ago I had to go in for an iv iron infusion as my stores had dropped to almost nothing and I don't tolerate iron tablets very well.

My doctor assures me there's no connection but for the week and a half following the infusion I got so backed up I ended up getting a thrombosed haematoma (sorry tmi-if there is such a thing with IBS'ers). When he told me I had to have it cut open my already bad anxiety went into overdrive.

I nearly passed out and threw up all at once. However I went ahead with it and came home to recover.

It's now 3 weeks later and I cannot get off the toilet. It seems my d is back in full force and as a result so is the anxiety (which seems to almost exclusively revolve around IBS and diarrhea). I went to the shops this morning and tripped my poor 10 year old out because I was panicking and having horrendous chilling/burning stomach pains and couldn't decide if I was staying to get the groceries or running out the door to come home and to my safe place (I also have a phobia of using public loo's).

Ugh, I am such a mess. Why can't I get this stomach under some kind of control? I'm not even stressed anymore other than all this D I keep having!

If you got this far, thank you for listening. My poor husband is a little overwhelmed by it all and the fact that his wife has disappeared on him overnight.