Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Once again - Please try a gluten free diet - it cured me!

Re: Once again - Please try a gluten free diet - it cured me!

I'm glad I tried the diet myself, it made a big difference in how my digestion works. And I lost a load of bloating weight from my stomach when I did it, always a bonus But I have to note that it didn't seem to affect my anxiety levels at all.

When I was tested for coeliac disease and it came up negative I still had a chat with a nutritionist at the hospital about how I felt wheat affected me and she talked to me about the gluten free diet - it was well worth a chat with her before starting.

It maybe something I'll experiment but as I work unsociable hours it's easier to eat foods with gluten as it's hard to find anything gluten free and it's not cheap.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

This is from a reliable source:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-you-depressed

Basically, physician tests his patient who has ADHD, anxiety and depression to find out he has antibodies to the protein found in wheat, biopsy confirms coeliac disease. He later confirms the connection of coeliac disease and depression. Makes interesting read.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Everything that is good for you is so expensive.To buy gluten free,spelt!qqQuinoa all in bulk you need to take out a small loan,same with Krill oil and other vitamin supplèments,Organic fruit and veg is the same, I can see why the food chains are popular so cheap,I do not eat it but lots out there do. An apple a day,keeps doctor away.

Why do you need to buy organic? Bog standard fruit and veg is fine unless you want to go down the organic route.

Packets of gluten and wheat free flour are only £1.70 in our local supermarket, not that much more expensive than standard flour.

It's more labour intensive by making your own food, but there are alternative flours to be had for not much more money.

I do not buy organic,just saying too expensive.Gluten free in packets does not go far when you have families gluten intolerant,that is a fair price you pay. Over here flour outside the norm is expensive..What is Bog fruit and veg?excuse my ignorance.

'Bog standard' is an expression that means something is ordinary and common.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

It really only gets pricey if you start replacing processed products with gluten free processed products, when really there's not huge need for that. Meat, vegetables, fruit and pulses are all gluten free naturally and should be the main part of our diets.

BTW spelt is not gluten free, so it's best not to use it if you're doing this diet!

I'm going to give this guy some credit. I emailed him and he couldn't do more to help. Absolutely top guy. Anyway into the diet. I started today. Without any tests etc...and already I'm feeling to difference after just two gluten free meals. I'm not going to say I'm cured because I'm not my mental anxiety still creeps back in frequently BUT compared to how it was, it's a start. I personally think it will work for some and not for others the same as a lot of things. I think it all depends where your anxiety came from. On a personal level I know mine started when I moved out and the lifestyle I lived. Eating junk and lots of it on a daily basis. So I think if your anxiety stems from your lifestyle then this diet works a treat. But if your anxiety stems from trauma at some point during your life it may not be as affective. I'll keep at it and I'll check back in with everyone further down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by T* View Post
    Making your own stuff is so much cheaper! You can find so mamy delicious and easy recipes on the net. Sundried tomato and goats cheese(check for rennet) muffins are sooo good! It doesnt have to be expensive, or difficult.
    Thanks for the offer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information