Thread: sleep

Question sleep

I have just come off sertraline 50mg about two weeks ago,I feel much better off the tablets.More energy more positive mind
    But since the weekend my sleep is going haywire again which is where this all started over a year ago.Can anybody recommend any natural sleep aids ,i have no problem getting off to sleep but wake at 3-4 in the morning and cant get back off.Or maybe my body needs to get used to no medication and i have to tough it out
    I have read 5htp helps sleep is this true ?

Re: sleep

Bach Rescue night. http://www.bachfloweressences.co.uk/...e-Night%C2%AE/
    You can buy it in most chemists.

Hi Mr Andy

I suffer from insomnia too - my GP changed my medication to something which causes drowsiness (A-Mazing!!) but before I was taking any prescribed meds, I used to use the herbal version of Nightol. Many people dont like using sleep tablets, but I feel better knowing these are herbal. And I honestly haven't ever felt drowsy the next day from using them. I would recommend if you are going to try them, do it on an evening when you dont HAVE to get up for anything the next morning, just incase you are a little drowsy. I find they are really good for helping to get a restful, unbroken sleep - always makes you feel better!

Hope this helps!

Hi. A good natural tablet you could try is Valarium,you could ty lavender on your temples and pillow also Frankincense te same way, they work for me,give them a try.
    Petra

cheers guys i will look into them,im now getting anxious again over lack of sleep which is what made me ill in the 1st place.I am hoping its only withdrawal from the medication as everything else is going well for me :(

Thing with sleep is - if you think about it too much, it doesn't happen :(
    Spent countless hours awake on my own feeling down, and that's horrible. Try and do a little exercise to tire you out during the day, go for a little walk or something - doesn't need to be much!
    Don't panic about it, just relax and let it happen

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomSparkle View Post
    Thing with sleep is - if you think about it too much, it doesn't happen :(
    Spent countless hours awake on my own feeling down, and that's horrible. Try and do a little exercise to tire you out during the day, go for a little walk or something - doesn't need to be much!
    Don't panic about it, just relax and let it happen
    hi sparkle the problem isnt falling alseep its waking at 3 or 4am then lying awake and starting to worry.Im up at 5.30 anyhow so it makes it a very long day !
    Im hoping this is just withdrawal from the tablets i was on and wont last

Thread Information