Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello No more Panic people

Hello No more Panic people

Hi i have had "anxiety" issues for a few years now on and off. Alot of the time i am ok, by this i mean managing daily. Some days i think i am quite normal and actually not torturing myself with criticism and worries about what i have done right or wrong or whats going to happen.

However despite being on two different tablets i am having a verybad few weeks. And it would seem that i am having a lot of bad days. I wonder if there is any point taking the tablets ?????

I would really like to try something herbal or alternative but funds are limited. i have embarked on a relaxation programme but at times find myself turning the CD off because i just cant relax my feet,calves,kness etc etc.

When things are really bad i cannot sit still and pace around the room, shake and have to go for a walk, (which isnt always possible with work and kids) despite feeling exhausted. The feelings are overwhelming,and my partner tries hard but doesnt really get it. Does anyone else feel like this?

Hi there and welcome aboard.

Can i ask what meds you are on?

Hve you tried anything relaxing like massage, hypnotherapy or reiki?

Hope we can be of some help anyway

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

Thanks for replying, i am on Seroxat and Buspirone. I love massage but it is quite pricy to have regularly. I think i need to learn how to relax when i am in a state of panic about everything.
    I am sure this forum will help as i have already found the site really useful and it should be advertised at all doctors surgeries. Help is so hard to find in this area?

Hi twinies,welcome to the forum.You will get lots of helpfull advise here.We are all in similar situations,so you are not alone.

Ellen XX

Hi Twinies and welcome. What you are feeling is normal for anyone with anxiety and I also find it imposable to relax to any relaxation or hypnosis cd when I am under stress. I have suffered with anxiety, health phobia, and agoraphobia for about 40 years now and have tried just about everything without much luck. However out of these 40 years I have had lots of good spells anxieties seem to come and go and I really don’t know what triggers mine off. I think we can get better with the correct thinking and I found using affirmations very helpful to, Like repeatedly telling myself I am in good health and there is nothing wrong with me, I have been on an ssri antidepressant called cipralex for about 18 months now and not sure if they do help or not, I have tried just about everything herbal, relaxation classes and even reiki, but they didn’t really work. I have also tried different vitamins and staying of caffeine which made no difference either. When I am ill I do find reading self help books very good, I have half hour to an hour read before going to sleep. There are some good self help books about and if you only get one helpful tip from each book I think it’s worth it. Anyway hope you find some help here and you feel better soon, Take care, Vernon
    PS what meds are you on?

Hi twinies im new to this site and like you im finding it hard to relax.At the moment cds are no help at all but they have been in the past.Maybe its just not for us at the moment.The best thing is being able to use this site as its very infomative.Hope you start feeling better soonDebraxx

Hi twinies

WELCOME TO THE SITE

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

HI Twinies !

A BIG warm welcome to you. lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way!

Love

Andrea
    xxx

Hi Twinies,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information