Thread: I'm new, Share stories?

I'm new, Share stories?

Evening all.

I知 new and waiting to share about my health anxiety. I have read many stories from the forum and decided to join, Hoping that members would be able to understand my worries where my friends & family in the real world cannot.

My health anxiety started about two years ago. I got very sick with nero-virus. (< excuse the spelling.)

For months after, I managed to catch every minor cold, virus, infection and generally had a rubbish time with my health. I already had depression and along came a fear of germs. (OCD)

But then I started getting a pain on my right side, I assumed after my luck I had appendicitis and went to the doctor. Tests was done and nothing showed.

Since that day, My life has changed and I知 terrified of living.

I get the same pain nearly everyday. Test after tests has been carried out and nothing showing as wrong.

Then one day, about 6 months ago, I got a stabbing pain in my chest under left breast. I really thought I was dying of heart attack. I now have a matching pair of painful worrying issues.

I知 currently undergoing counselling and have been advised I have health anxiety. Up until today everyone I have spoken to have said that I am a hypercondrica.

So, My question to you, How do you managed to live life? My pains are daily and I知 yet to find the trigger?

Re: I'm new, Share stories?

I manage by trying to remain focused on the fact that I have anxiety disorder and that's what underpins the fear/s.

Therapy and meds are what works. It's a long haul, it's not something that's rsolved overnight, and we all appear to need various time periods, meds and types of therapy but, from what I can tell, those that really want to conquer their illness are the ones that are successful.

I'm going to be one of those people

Welcome to NMP Princess

In the event something I say looks off kilter or I've made a spelling mistake it's not me, it's my iPad. Auto-correct is a damn nuisance and I'm too lazy to get upright and sit at my desktop computer

Re: I'm new, Share stories?

I am also struggling a LOT with health anxiety.. but support like this definately helps

Thread Information