Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scared of kidney infection complications.

scared of kidney infection complications.

So I have the symptoms of a kidney infection. This doesn't bother me, however the complications terrify me.

Everything I have read says that they can spread and kill you within hours. I can't get an appointment til tommorow, now im scared, so bluddy scared :( it never rains but pours :(

Re: scared of kidney infection complications.

Roxy!

Close that google window. Now!

Now, I've had kidney infections twice. I didn't even go to the doctors until 3 weeks in to my symptoms the first time and I got nowhere even close to dying.

But you haven't even been diagnosed. Call 111 from your landline. They will do an assessment and may make you an out of hours appointment if you do indeed have symptoms of a kidney infection. If they think you are in any imminent danger of dropping dead (not gonna happen) they will have an ambulance to your door before you can say "I need to pee". I've used 111 myself a few times and they are fantastic.

If you don't want to call them, then drink plenty of fluid and get an early night. IF you have a kidney infection, your doctor will sort it out tomorrow.

Thankyou! I so needed a virtual kick up the jacksie!

No I haven't even been diagnosed yet (only by dr.google of course). It's just pregnancy makes it more likely to.have complications aka sepsis and death!

As.I.dont.even have a temperature I will ride.it.out tonight and.hopefully still be here in the morning ha. X

Wait what?? How did I miss that you're pregnant???!! (not that it makes any difference to the fact that you're not about to die)

Congratulations babe! How far along are you?

You may find that these kidney infection symptoms are in fact pregnancy.

Haha. Thankyou, I'm 16 weeks it's funny I'm in the total opposite state of mind lol. Last time I had extremely bad fear and didn't seek medical help til I was 25 weeks and.hospitalized with severe sickness and dehydration. I didnt have HA then as you can probably tell!

Now this time I'm terrified of being ill and you can't keep me away from a doctor lol, funny how times change!

OK I did the either brave or stupid thing and cancelled my appointment. I've woke up and realised that, apart from lower side/back/groin pain, I had no symptoms of a kidney infection.

The pain has subsided a lot and is now in my upper back, arm, neck and head. I guess this is the way its going to be, and I need to stop seeking reassaurance if I want to get back on the wagon

I've had all these pains before, nothing happened I'm still here. Heres hoping that the same goes for this time X

Hello Roxy (and bump!)

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

Sorry I didn't get to finish that - got my baby on my knee and he bashed the keyboard and submitted my post!

So you lived another day did you hon? ;-)

Big big congratulations on managing to turn things around today. You're just fine, and all your symptoms sound like classic "pregnancy not being quite as magical as they say in the books" symptoms.

So 16 weeks? Are you showing yet? I looked like a fat whale from 12 weeks onwards (coulda been the jaffa cakes mind)

Quote Originally Posted by roxy90 View Post
    Thankyou! I so needed a virtual kick up the jacksie!

No I haven't even been diagnosed yet (only by dr.google of course). It's just pregnancy makes it more likely to.have complications aka sepsis and death!

As.I.dont.even have a temperature I will ride.it.out tonight and.hopefully still be here in the morning ha. X
    Dear Roxy,

Dr. Google can bloody frighten the life out of you. I learn't this years ago. As far as being pregnant goes I'm a male so I can't comment. lol. Your best bet is to see your doc before you panic. Good luck with the Bub. I'm sure everything will be just fine for you.

Cheers,

Russ.

My daughter steals the keyboard (and phone) away from me too lol, I know the feeling! So yes, I lived another day (yay) and without checking my temperature too lol. Last time I was worried about infections it was permanently in my mouth, so feels like a huge improvement!

I'm not showing at all, but I'm really not expecting to, I didn't with my daughter at all. In fact, I completed my degree 33/34 weeks pregnant and not one of them noticed, even the midwife questioned it when I went into labour ha! I feel quite lucky, at 41 weeks I went for a birthday meal in to town had a huge long walk felt totally normal, my body is obviously weird!

Thanks Russ, Dr google hates me! I've diagnosed myself with tonnes of things on there, not had one of them mind you ... There's clearly a pattern but it still doesn't stop me worrying though ... (how does that work??)

So. You managed to get through pregnancy without waddling like Donald duck with piles. Way to make me feel inferior madam!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information