Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cipralex increase bad side effects

Re: Cipralex increase bad side effects

Just gone up to 10mg - keep your fingers crossed for me hoping the side effects wont be too bad.x

Once you get settled on 10mg I am sure you will feel such a difference, it worked really well for me but I still had blips though really brilliant normal days too. I'm on max dose now (20) and hardly get any bad days lately, now I have been on that dose for about 6 weeks I think, I found increasing fro 10 to 20 the easiest, getting to ten was worst but once I was there, things did get much better xxxx

Well - increased from 7.5mg to 10mg last Thursday - Monday today and I did not notice any increase in side effects - maybe a tiny bit of nausea that was all!! Feeling my anxiety decrease little by little each day so fingers crossed!! Going to take each day as it comes. Doing loads of relaxation and visualisation and making sure I get out and about. Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Vonny that sounds really promising, that is how it was for me, less and less anxiety each day so I think it is working for you xxxx
    I am really good now on 20mg's, a little ify today but have been brill for days now. Today is like an hung over feeling as I only had 3 ours sleep last night, too much cola and I was skyping friends late so was just wide awake, lol.
    You are doing great though Vonny, hopefully each day will get a little easier xxx

Thanks Karen your support is appreciated! Had not a brill day yesterday cos I had a night out to go to and think I was worried if I was going to be ok. I just said to myself in the end bugger it I am going no matter how I feel and I was fine!! It just shows how it is all in the mind! I had a week of feeling really good then when you have a bit of a blip it makes you panic and think the ADs are not working, but I don't suppose they take every bit of anxiety away and I have only been on the increased dose for a week. Hope you are all organised for Christmas - its great when you have young children - my 2 Daughters are 20 and 25 and don't live at home but they will both be coming for Christmas dinner. I refuse to let anxiety spoil it!! I think you are from my neck of the woods - I live in Huddersfield. Small world!!! When you went up to 10mg from 7.5mg did it take a while before the full effects kicked in? Thanks xx

Oh does anyone know if its ok to have one or two drinks when you are on Cipralex? I am not a big drinker but wouldn't mind the odd one or two over Christmas!!! It says do not drink alcohol but hopefully a small drink or two wont harm!!

Just an update as I know people out there read these threads looking for reassurance. Been on 10mg for 12 days now and I am definitely improving - its slow but sure and its not a light bulb moment where you think yay! I am fine. Its gradual and you realise that you haven't had a particular symptom for a while. You will still have the odd not so good day - don't let that knock you down - just keep building your confidence from the good days and accept the not so good philisophically - pay them little attention and tell yourself these are normal on the road to recovery and will soon pass.

Things I have found which have helped.
    Nausea - as soon as you wake up (if you suffer from this in the morning) eat a dry cracker straight away.
    Ginger capsules also help
    Eat breakfast as soon as you can even if you have to force it down - an empty stomach feels worse
    If I wake up feeling a bit iffy I tell myself I am going to be fine and anxiety is not going to ruin my day and I act happy, dance around the room a bit and sing - your brain doesn't know what is real and what is not so acting happy tells your brain you are happy. Weird but worth a go.
    EFT - Look at Brad Yates on youtube - Tapping for anxiety. There is scientific evidence this works - even if you don't believe in it give it a try what have you got to lose?
    Progressive muscle relaxation - again loads on youtube - you cant be anxious when your body is totally relaxed. It does take a while to get this right.
    Swishing - Look at youtube Tony Robbins fingernails. This uses NLP - watch it - it is self explanatory.
    Read 'At Last A Life' by Paul David - its about acceptance of your symptoms and getting on with your life - you can buy this as a digital download for about £12 and he has a really good website - Anxiety No More. Hope that helps!

---------- Post added at 08:25 ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 ----------

PS
    Passiflora is good for calming you down and also 400mg magnesium daily make sure you dont get oxide - you need the citrate. Google magnesium for anxiety. There is loads of info about how it helps anxiety.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!! I have had no anxiety over Christmas despite being very busy - cooked Christmas dinner and had an open house Boxing day - which was a very long day and night!! Had a couple of drinks - didn't cause me any problems. Hope this helps anyone starting on Cipralex. I have now been on 10mg just over 3 weeks. Stick with it... it works!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information