Thread: MRI worries

MRI worries

So yesterday I had an MRI scan (which was very awful!) and they gave me a disk with the images on - OFC I checked it as soon as I got back to my place. I can't see any white/black marks (which is meant to be expected from tumors?) but on the scan from above, the right side of my head seems to be larger.. well, the brain tissue seems to go further back into my skull. OFC I am freaking out. It looks exactly the same as the other brain tissue in colour and appearence, but it makes it unsymetrical... should I be worried? I have to wait ages to speak to my neurologist about the results!
    Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t)

Re: MRI worries

I haven't got the foggiest what medical imaging means, apart from the bog standard x-rays. I doubt anybody here could offer you any light. But if you have to wait for a long time to speak to the neurologist about the results then there's clearly nothing to worry about, otherwise you'd be seen sooner.

I'm a little concerned why they gave you the images, do you know why they did?
    Last edited by Rennie1989; 23-11-13 at 12:49.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Yes I agree with rennie1989 why would they give u the results on disk? I wouldn't worry it will get you no where at all, and what ever u do don't google either.

Being that you're not a medical professional so there's no way at all you could interpret the images you see. I agree that it's unusual to give the patient the results as they're usually sent to the doctor...unless it's a copy for your records.

Google won't help you understand at all what you're looking at nor will it do your HA any good so it's best to wait for your doctor to give you the results.

Positive thoughts!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I agree with the comments on here. I would not dare myself looking at the scans on disk because it will make me worry more, I would probably see different things each time

Thread Information