Thread: lorazepam to diazepam

lorazepam to diazepam

I have just changed from 2 x .5mg of lorazepam to 2 x 2mg diazepam. Just wondering if anyone else has done this and had side effects. I have no tapering. At the moment the diazepam is making me more anxious, which I thought was meant to be opposite!

Re: lorazepam to diazepam

Hi the reason your feeling anxious is because your not on the equivalent dose of diazepam as to what you were on when taking the loraz, 0.5mg of loraz is equivalent to 5mg of diazepam so in theory your dose is 6mg lower than what your used too x x

Thanks for your reply. I thought 1mg lorezapam was the same 5mg diazepam.

I think I am also finding it a lot harder because I have dropped my antidepressant dosage as well.

Sometimes I just get so confused with all these drugs.

Hi 1mg of loraz is equivalent to 10mg of diazepam so you've got quite a big drop in dosage plus if your lowering your AD you'll be feeling some withdrawal, maybe have a word with your Gp and just lower one at a time to minimise the withdrawals x x

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Really!! I was told in hospital that 1mg of Lorazepam is equal to 5 mg of diazepam....................now i'm confused

Hi Sarah, my psychiatrist told me 1mg is equivalent to 10mg of diazepam plus it says so online?? Could be wrong tho x x

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    Hi Sarah, my psychiatrist told me 1mg is equivalent to 10mg of diazepam plus it says so online?? Could be wrong tho x x
    Some online sources say 1mg lorazepam == 10mg of diazepam BUT other sources say it is 5mg of diazepam.

It could be the thinking / evidence on what is equivalent dose changed a few years back and some doctors are still working off the old information? Or something like that.

it certainly sounds like Hemps is suffering from some rebound anxiety or withdrawal symptoms due to a lower dose or the diazepam just not suiting her as well.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

WOW! I've been told I can have 3mgs a day of Lorazepam !!! Thats 30mgs of Diazepam..............................

Thread Information