Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took crushed ibuprofen, am I safe? Panicking.

Took crushed ibuprofen, am I safe? Panicking.

Hi guys, I'm back again =/

I am currently ill and have a phobia of swallowing pills. My relative told me to can ibuprofen tablet and eat it with yoghurt. I ate 2 mouthfuls and then started to panick that it would make me sick, so I stopped. The taste was awful too.

Now I am scared and panicking that I am going to be sick or overdose. It was only a 200mg pill, and I only had a couple mouthfuls of the stuff. Am I okay?

Re: Took crushed ibuprofen, am I safe? Panicking.

Do you think that if a broken tablet was dangerous that they would have been allowed to license the tablet in the first place?

That's a good point, but you could argue that they still license tobacco despite it's obvious health destroying effects.

You really think i will be okay then?

You could also argue that they build cars in spite of the fact that you can drive them into walls? Unfortunately as far as tobacco is concerned there is no compensating for people who willingly damage their health. Also when tobacco was first produced, health was not a concern in terms of consequences.

If Public Health England and NHS England could ban smoking completely I dare say they would as it would certainly make saving the NHS £30billion a damn site easier.

Well argued, and point taken. I just checked your profile and it appears you are a health care manager. So I trust your judgment. Powered ibuprofen isn't going to cause me much harm?

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

If not a complete ban, they should at least up the tax on tobacco products. It seems though that the tax gained for the government is one reason they won't coompletely outlaw it. Whether it covers the cost of the NHS care for smoking related illnesses, I doubt it...

I don't think it's fair to put that much pressure on someone just because they work for the nhs (and not as a doctor)

Was just about to say.....wouldnt trust my judgment lol my judgment is based on what I think is common sense and objective logic. I commission services for the NHS (basically spend a bit of the £120billion budget know nothing about drugs.

Now if you want to know about services for disabled children then i can help you there

One of my friends always crushes her headache tablets as she has trouble swallowing them and they have never harmed her.

Quote Originally Posted by cpe1978 View Post
    If Public Health England and NHS England could ban smoking completely I dare say they would as it would certainly make saving the NHS £30billion a damn site easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by LostinThought View Post

[/COLOR]If not a complete ban, they should at least up the tax on tobacco products. It seems though that the tax gained for the government is one reason they won't coompletely outlaw it. Whether it covers the cost of the NHS care for smoking related illnesses, I doubt it...
    I'm a non-smoker and I don't support smoking. However I get a bit miffed with statements like the two above. From what I have read smoking costs the NHS about 3bn a year.... which is a lot but isn't going to put much of a dent in the NHS budget which I think is about 100bn?

Tax on tobacco already makes up a huge % of the cost and more than 3bn a year. Keep pushing up the tax and people will just do more duty free runs to France or whatever.

If you are going to ban tobacco then why not alcohol and junk foods as well..... and then fast cars, dangerous sports and hobbies... etc, etc.

Oh and to answer the original question.......... I highly doubt crushed ibuprofen would harm anyone. You could probably chew the whole packet with no side effects.

Pardon my ignorance, didn't mean to start an argument over the NHS and smoking

Nor did I mean to 'put pressure' on cpe1978. I'm sorry if I made a faux pass there. I guess I was just trying to reassure myself. Forgive me, my mind is a complete mess lately and having the flu isn't helping matters.

Annie, thank you. That is also reassuring to know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information