Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teas?

Smile Teas?

I've heard a lot of good things about how teas can help you relax and reduce anxiety & stress, so I was just wondering what are your alls go-to teas to help you try to calm down?

I personally prefer Chamomile. I know it is a known "sleepy time tea", and also known to have calming affects, but I also really just enjoy the taste, and it does seem to decrease my nervousness quite often.

So, what are your alls?

Re: Teas?

I like Chamomile tea, I also drink lavender tea for relaxation and peppermint tea for ibs.

Another thumbs up for chamomile here. I like mine with a spoonful of honey. If I need extra relaxation I go for 2 bags. I definitely feel calmer around ten minutes after drinking it, and the effects last a good few hours.

Does hot chocolate count as tea?

Seriously though, I have camomile flowers from the weird tea shop down the road and I love it with honey. I also sometimes have a craving for rosehip and cardamon tea around my time of the month.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I have tried quite a few herbal teas and like a few especially the cranberry one and also the vanilla. Can't get into chamomile or peppermint though and I wish I could as I know chamomile is supposed to be calming and peppermint is apparently good for digestion. I find the vanilla one quite calming and have substituted my coffee for this one.

I might try chamomile tea when I next go out. I like peppermint and green tea as well fruit teas. My favourite is hibiscus tea, very red-purple in colour, a unique and acquired taste (would say fruity, but bitter fruity) but good for detoxing. Can drink hot or cool as a cordial drink. I always need some sugar otherwise it's quite bitter, a teaspoon is enough.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Valerian tea has an interesting flavour. I didn't think it did anything for my anxiety though, but others seem to find it beneficial.

My Valerian tea tasted like Fennel to me. I didn't find it very helpful either, I think valerian should really be taken in concentrate for effect rather than botanically brewed.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Valerian is what is used in herbal anxiety and stress tablets. It's used to induce sleepiness so could be beneficial to drink before bed if you're anxious.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie1989 View Post
    I might try chamomile tea when I next go out. I like peppermint and green tea as well fruit teas. My favourite is hibiscus tea, very red-purple in colour, a unique and acquired taste (would say fruity, but bitter fruity) but good for detoxing. Can drink hot or cool as a cordial drink. I always need some sugar otherwise it's quite bitter, a teaspoon is enough.
    I really like the hibiscus tea as well Rennie, it is quite an unusual taste. I have to put sugar in all my herbal teas, don't like honey unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information